Hosting unsure which way to go.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Greetings all,

I have a wordpress website for my photography and have spent around £330 on it since 2011 upgrading the template/addons. And am very happy with the outcome.

I use Vidahost for my hosting but now space is becoming an issue (10GB)
£105 inc Domains a year.

The next package up is £99 which would be £30 more per year to a
20GB upgrade, but I think the more images / client galleries I add I will eventually fill this up.

or upgrade to the £199 (Unlimited) which would be the same price as SS per year. / Which is the $24 month (£16 - £199) per year on SquareSpace.(SS)

But then would need to transfer domains to SS..

I have been looking at Squarespace and have setup 4+ site for people now and really like the simplicity and specially some templates that allow images to be shown full screen (Landscape work) which I currently can't do using the addon (Prophoto) and has to be within a box/slideshow format.

I did think about splitting my landscape work and getting a (SS) account with the £12 a month £120 a year which would add on to the cost above.

OR

I'm not sure if I can run another wordpress site on my current and then use that for my landscapes and find another template but then won't be able to do sales...

Last edited:
With the client galleries I leave them on the site for 2 months after their wedding date.

I feel that I do spend a lot £145 a year inc domains.

But really looking for more than 10GB

If I wasn't lazy & forget to delete clients photos then id probably have more space :D

& if unlimited I could use as another backup method for full resolution images then too.

ive just looked at the unlimited at £199 a year or £398 over 3 years cant seem to find it for £133?

I currently do have weddings/portrait/landscapes under one site and in the background I have a shopping cart which i can sell images/albums etc which is fantastic.

But using (Prophoto) and the image slider on a 1900x1200 looks small and personally doesn't show off the images well.

where as SS templates can be nice full screen which I like so I could show off my landscapes and sell them.

If i went to SS then i would loose the client area side of it.

Last edited:
Well today a video was released that ProPhoto will be going to version 6 which will practically give me the abilities of SquareSpace :) like scalable (screen size) galleries

I shall look at the 3 year plan :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom