Hosting

Permabanned
Hi guys

Really sorry if this is the wrong section but I am not really sure where it belongs. I have my own domain name, I am looking for a good hosting company, I want to be able to ftp and have axxs to pretty much everything I can. What companies do you guys use for this? I also don't want to break the bank with it if possible.

Cheers for any help or advice for a total noob learning from scratch with plenty of books and sites bookmarked for creation.

Associate
I own a hosting company. Have standard plans and tailored plans based on what you want and need so you're not paying for stuff you don't need.

For just a site with an email, you shouldn't spend anymore then £5 - £10 a month.

Permabanned
You can even take a look at Rshosting they got really good reviews for providing good support.

I have my sites hosted with webhost.uk.net for more than 3 years now,they are cheap and reliable nothing as such to complain about them good support whenever asked for.

Associate
Easy mate go with Vida I have loads with them so if your stuck I can talk you through there System and the Cpanel np.
Hit me up if you need any help. On steam most nights and mumble.

Soldato
I've got nothing but nice things to say about Vidahost, in my day job I look after a website that gets at least a million page views a day. I look after some small friends and family websites in my spare time, and Vidahost have never been anything other than excellent.

Last edited:
Associate
Been with Vidahost for over a year.

I have over 10 domains registered, and hosting done on the cloud.

Use it for email, FTP, and owncloud which I use to sync my files (bit like Dropbox, but on vidahost server). Also can map network drive to the cloud via WebDAV. Purchased a SSL certificate from them on Wednesday night for this purpose :)

Associate
I used to use Godaddy, but my website was constantly going down and everybody in their forums were complaining. (I was even paying extra for their best shared hosting)

I am now with Bluehost and have had a great experience with them. (other than them upping the price of the hosting and not telling me)

Associate
I used to use Godaddy, but my website was constantly going down and everybody in their forums were complaining. (I was even paying extra for their best shared hosting)

I am now with Bluehost and have had a great experience with them. (other than them upping the price of the hosting and not telling me)

Don't want to be a party pooper nut blue host went down for two days end of the week 2 or 3 weeks ago. Was a nightmare.

Associate
I'm going to switch from the terrible Strato Hosting (scam - Google please let others know!) to Vidahost. Just making sure they are a good choice?

Associate
Without doubt. Vida all the way!

I've just been working with a hosting 1and1 and I nearly lot consciousness using it. 4 hours in their systems to delete a MySQL database!

All our clients are on Vida and their service is awesome. Been with them for 7 years now. Don't lose your sanity and by going somewhere else.

Associate
Without doubt. Vida all the way!

I've just been working with a hosting 1and1 and I nearly lot consciousness using it. 4 hours in their systems to delete a MySQL database!

All our clients are on Vida and their service is awesome. Been with them for 7 years now. Don't lose your sanity and by going somewhere else.

Awesome. Just gone ahead with it and their presales was excellent! If their support is as good as that then I will be extremely happy!

Associate
Don't want to be a party pooper nut blue host went down for two days end of the week 2 or 3 weeks ago. Was a nightmare.

Must have been a server I was not on.

Don't get me wrong, they do go down sometimes (every host does!) but GoDaddy was literally going down for a few hours nearly every day. They used to be perfectly fine, I was with them for years. I then had a few months of daily downtime so I just moved.

Soldato
Man i just looked at vidahost and cant believe how cheap it is. When i started uni i bought some space from justhost so that i could kind of keep online blog/portfolio as was needed by one of our modules. After the year or so they wanted to charge me 200 quid to keep it for a year so i was like...no thx.

Does vida increase in price or can u keep resubbing for those kind of fees? This £58 for 3 years seems too good to be true lol

Back
Top Bottom