Hot Hatch Owners

Associate
Been about the forum for a while and don't think I have seen a dedicated place for hot hatches. So here we go...

I am hopefully picking up my Hyundai i30n this weekend, all being well! Managed to find one for a good deal, 18 plate, 130miles on the clock in Slate Gray.

Having test driven over the last 4 weeks - M140i, Civic Type R, Golf R, Golf GTI, Audi S3. I was caught a bit off guard by how brilliant the i30N was, by far the most fun I had. On top of that the exhaust sound was the best by a mile.

This week is going to drag.

Associate
OP
Thinking of picking one up in blue. Went to enquire about the price today. And test drive their demo model. (It sounds amazing, and feels rather nippy too)

Yeah love the performance blue. Would have had any colour other than red or black at the right price. Not the most BHP out there but I like the overall package. Especially for the price. I'm looking forward to seeing the i20N in 2020.

Associate
OP
They are nice motors, a lad here has one. I'm not too sure he was impressed when my old 2006 mk5 GTi outran him on the A500 though :D

Although we've both been left standing by our 60 year old director in her brand new S3, she likes her cars and doesn't mind putting her foot down :D

Lol bet that wrecked his month! I'm assuming your GTI isn't stock then ;). I did like the s3 but I found it was just too characterless and felt a little too sensible. That said they are wicked fast though.

Have to say the biggest disappointment for me was the Type R. Not the fact I would have to live with how it looks, but just didn't like how it drove. It was a cold damp day and it just could not get the power down (doubt the tyres helped), the infotainment system sucked and the backs of the seats were too upright. Would make a great track car but I'm not convinced on living with it all the time. Oh almost forgot the exhaust was very underwhelming :(. Was a shame, as it's a bit of a guilty pleasure.

Associate
OP
Yeah the GTI has been left behind in the power department. Which is a real shame as its a hot hatch legend, its feels well built and its easy to drive. Hoping the new mk8 will be better

Associate
OP
Yeah sounds like your GTI is probably mapped, the 330d is no slouch. I would go for the upgrade option over the s3.

I loved the engine in the m140i I drove but I also got the feeling that I would lose my licence in it fairly quickly. Or bin it into a ditch if not fully on the ball :D

Back
Top Bottom