** HOT NEW PRODUCT - Edimax EW-7438RPN N300 Universal Wi-Fi Extender: Perfect for PC and Console Gam

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi Guys

We are pleased to announce stock of the fantastic Edimax EW-7438RPN

This cool little device is a brilliant WiFi extender. Out of the box, the device plugs into the wall socket and takes a few seconds to set up. switch it on and you get connected immediately. A sleek web interface links the extender to your routers WiFi signal and away you go.

I noticed superior performance on WiFi but the unit has the bonus of an ethernet port as well meaning that a nearby games consoles or PCs can be plugged into the unit and it detects it as an Ethernet connection. For recent systems with intel controllers, it is a great idea as it means you can use your network port and don't need an additional wireless adapter.

The range extender has proven to be exceptional giving brilliant coverage in the upper floor of my house.

I fully recommend this as a decent alternative to powerline.

Edimax EW-7438RPN N300 Universal Wi-Fi Extender @ £39.98 inc VAT

WC-189-EK_400.jpg

Key Features

• Extends the range of existing 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi networks
• iQ Setup for easy Wi-Fi extension
• Finds best setup location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage - signal strength LED
• Compact, wall plug design for convenient placement
• Features a hardware WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button

The Edimax EW-7438RPn N300 Universal Wi-Fi Extender can easily double the signal coverage of your Wi-Fi network for better Wi-Fi quality in homes with many rooms or multiple floors. With both a Wi-Fi extender and a power adapter in a compact design, the EW-7438RPn can be plugged directly into an electrical outlet for convenient placement. The smart iQ Setup feature and the signal strength LED make it easy for you to set it up where your Wi-Fi signal needs enhancement. Additionally, it complies with wireless 802.11b/g/n standards and can create an extended Wi-Fi network with data transmission rates of up to 300Mbps. With the Edimax EW-7438RPn, you can enjoy high-speed wireless networking throughout your home without additional cabling.

The Edimax EW-7438RPn features a WPS button and Edimax’s smart and automated iQ Setup, which allow you to set up the extender quick and easily. iQ Setup automatically detects the available Wi-Fi networks nearby and helps you establish a connection within seconds. The WPS button also allows you to connect the extender to the root access point with a simple click of a button. Additionally, the EW-7438RPn is designed with a signal strength LED, which helps you find the best setup location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage.

Not only is the Edimax EW-7438RPn very compact, it is designed with a built-in power adapter. This design allows you to plug it directly into an electrical outlet, eliminating the need for an additional power cable. You can easily install it where your Wi-Fi signal needs enhancement and enjoy high-speed wireless performance without any hassles

The latest 802.11n technology is built into the EW-7438RPn to broaden its wireless coverage and to eliminate dead spots within the wireless range. The EW-7438RPn complies with wireless 802.11b/g/n standards and can reach data transmission rates of up to 300Mbps when connected to wireless 802.11n devices. It provides faster and more reliable wireless connections than standard 802.11b/g wireless networks.

Only £39.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
I have just ordered this for work. We can get free wifi but it is at 1 bar so hopefully this can boost the signal to more bearable levels.
How easy would this be to set up? Does it just boost any signal or do you have to enter the passwords and stuff into it?

you plug it in and connect to it. you enter the web interface which tracks available networks. select the network you want then enter any security key and it will take about a minute to pair with it.

then it just works.

erm .. would this boost a wifi signal 2 doors down to my sis house ? :D

probably not. WiFi is effected by walls so it would depend on the distance and thickness and materials. I cant see why not, but its certainly not within my place to say yes as I dont have the full details

in theory though yes it could work.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
you can connect your pc to this using an ethernet cable yes.

it works like a really strong signal wifi dongle if that makes sense.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
that is the one thing I have noticed it is brilliant for.

streaming on the PS3 is terrible for me, so this is a real option.

Back
Top Bottom