HOT ROD Drag Week 2022

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Day Four - Cordova Dragway, Cordova, Illinois

Day three results.

Up to 55 cars, by my count, out as of publication. Tom Bailey and the Sick Seconds 2.0 Camaro still holding a slender lead over Michael Westberg's rather lovely S10. Still mildly upsetting that the only cars remaining in Unlimited are all Chevrolets, mind.

Soldato
Does Toms car still count as a Chevrolet at this point? :cry:

Been watching the Tom Bailey videos, they've been having fun so far :p

What did Dave Schroeder get as an average last year/what is the record average? I seem to recall he got in the 6's average but that's about it...

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
What did Dave Schroeder get as an average last year/what is the record average? I seem to recall he got in the 6's average but that's about it...

6.793 at 198.08mph. Record average...not sure. Bailey averaged 6.299 @ 228.81 in 2019, that's gotta be close to the best ever.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Because of the rain-out, Day Four's results settle the whole deal. And boy did it end up close.

1st - Tom Bailey - 6.5830 @ 187.68
2nd - Michael Westberg - 6.5855 @ 207.30

That's some kinda tight formation on the average ETs there! Bailey had the week from hell, it wouldn't have been anything like as close as that without all the troubles he ended up battling.

Talking of troubles - Mike Finnegan and Blasphemi. If you want to see some of what they went through you should check out Mike's YT channel. But the car is at least back together now and managed to complete a pass outside of Drag Week:

Mike Finnegan on the Instas said:
Thank God drag week got rained out on the last day because I’m pretty sure that if I had made a pass that I woulda melted the engine down again. After looking more closely at the Holley Dominator EFI data logs from the pre-dragweek chassis Dyno session, [Harrell Engine & Dyno] noticed that the fuel pressure was getting worse during each Dyno pull. After chatting with [Robin Lawrence] and his bestest buddy Doug at Holley, we determined that the new engine wanted more fuel than the Holley 12-147 dual pumps would provide. And so…the good homies Jeff Teel and Bill Tichener somehow got me a 12-149 brushless pump setup delivered to [Beech Bend Raceway] today and I quickly wired and plumbed it into Blasphemi and made one single, epically fun pass during a biker event at one of my favorite tracks. So thankful! She runs good and I just left the track with the smoke still inside of the engine! :)

Back
Top Bottom