Hot-swappable keyboard recommendations?

Soldato
My Corsair K65 Lux (TKL, cherry MX red) has died on me.

Thinking is high time I bought myself something a bit better.
Custom Pre-built is what I'm thinking right now.

Requirements:
TKL
UK-ISO
Not really sure on switches
have only ever experienced Cherry MX Red & MS Silver Speed switches
would like to try switches with some tactile feedback

No real set budget, just want a decent board.
Been looking @ the Keychron Q3 Max w/Gateron Jupiter Banana switches. Is this a good place to start?

Any other recommendations?

Associate
My Corsair K65 Lux (TKL, cherry MX red) has died on me.

Thinking is high time I bought myself something a bit better.
Custom Pre-built is what I'm thinking right now.

Requirements:
TKL
UK-ISO
Not really sure on switches
have only ever experienced Cherry MX Red & MS Silver Speed switches
would like to try switches with some tactile feedback

No real set budget, just want a decent board.
Been looking @ the Keychron Q3 Max w/Gateron Jupiter Banana switches. Is this a good place to start?

Any other recommendations?
Not sure how long you are prepared to wait or if you can get a stop-gap keyboard, however i have recently joined a pre-order from one of the custom keyboard vendors for a Qwertykeys Neo80 which has had some good reviews. No per key rgb, however it can do both ANSI and ISO layouts.

Associate
I have a Keychron Q3 (non max) and love it. It is my 1st gasket mount custom board and I went down that rabbit hole.

It is a good entry into ‘higher class’ keyboards, dispute being £250+ when fully built, it is considered cheap in the keyboard world.

But it will blow most of the gaming keyboards brands away in terms of build quality.

Last edited:
Associate
Also, I used to swear by MX browns, cos I did not know better, but compared to a real high quality lubed tactile switch, the Cherry MX brown are scratchy and feel very harsh. I would avoid cherry browns.

The great thing about hot swap switchs is that you can switch when you feel bored and adventurous:), kind of addicting NGL. And switches are not that expensive too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom