Hotel in Barcelona....

We stayed at H10 Itaca in September last year. Transport links are really good, hotel's pretty decent, and it's far enough away from REALLY popular (read expensive) areas so as not to cost an arm and a leg. Looking to book again for another trip soonish.

Looking at a few round there.... Well connected area..
It was great really. Quiet enough, but well connected as you say!

I was a bit ambivalent about Barcelona at first, but herself convinced me it would be great, and it was. I know there's all the usual tourist stuff, but the Alien Museum's worth seeing! Herself rolled her eyes a bit while I was like a giddy kid getting to hold an M41A Pulse Rifle!

Loool

My wife showed me that and I rolled my eyes :p

I did the alien experience at the London Trocadero "a long time ago" 1990s i guess and that was awesome. I am not sure but i think this museum inherited some of the props.

Thx for input. Probably will go there too.

Last edited:
Just booked "B hotel" looks a bit soulless/modernish only 3 stars but i get fed up looking.
So nice not having to think about it anymore i really get chewed out doing hotel comparisons :/

I've stayed at the Hotel Colonial near the port (quite close to the H10) which was a nice hotel, kind of splits the distance between walking back up into the city or walking around the port to the beach area. Also stayed at the Hotel Almanac which again was very nice but quite pricey, though that was paid for on my VMWorld trip by someone else.....

Yeah, the mayor has anounced he's not renewing any tourist licences. Seems a crazy move, but should be fine until around 2028

I'd guess they're worried about following suit with the Spanish islands? If you start to make more apartments available to tourists then the locals find themselves priced out of the city that they work in. I know Barcelona is slightly different because it's mainland Spain and locals may well prefer to be on the outskirts of the city anyway, but could turn into a slippery slope.

Agreed, it makes a lot of sense if a little drastic, and must be worrying for any landlords who rely on the income, although they can always just rent to a longer term host albeit potentially less lucrative. Yet you still need to accommodate tourists so i'm sure something would be negotiated, even if it's just a cap on licenced premises.

What sort of budget/star rating? I stayed in the Ilunion Almirante last August for 11 nights which cost me about 1400 including flights, which I thought was pretty decent value. It was fairly basic, but cool and semi-decent location. I spent no time at the hotel though as I was out all day every day.

Back
Top Bottom