House mate situation

Permabanned
OP
Some very decided opinions on this lol. I have advertised his room... I cant call him or message him as he's blocked all communication with me and I don't know where he lives.

Not only that he's got loads of car parts in my back garden that are quite big and heavy which I presume I will have to get rid of somehow if they are not worth anything.

Soldato
Not only that he's got loads of car parts in my back garden that are quite big and heavy which I presume I will have to get rid of somehow if they are not worth anything.

Going by past experience, just leave 'em uncovered in the backyard for a night, they'll soon disappear. I left a 2300cc engine and transmission from a Victor in the yard for 30 mins whilst I went to pick up the van to move it, I came back and it was gone. It took three of us a good 20 mins to manhandle the thing from the front of the house to the back, so God knows how it got nicked so quickly.

Permabanned
OP
Going by past experience, just leave 'em uncovered in the backyard for a night, they'll soon disappear. I left a 2300cc engine and transmission from a Victor in the yard for 30 mins whilst I went to pick up the van to move it, I came back and it was gone. It took three of us a good 20 mins to manhandle the thing from the front of the house to the back, so God knows how it got nicked so quickly.

If they were worth anything I'm sure he would have sold them or taken them already

Soldato
Some very decided opinions on this lol. I have advertised his room... I cant call him or message him as he's blocked all communication with me and I don't know where he lives.

*****'s wil have those engines away, just leave them in open view and they'll dispear over night

Permabanned
Judge Rinder can handle your case. Here are his details

If you're 18 or over and would like the chance for 'Judge Rinder' to help you, get in touch now if you'd like to be considered for the show.
You can text the word JUDGE plus your name to 63334. Texts cost 25p plus one standard network rate message.

Call 09011 22 33 44. As of the 1st July 2015, calls cost 25p plus your network access charge.

Or send an email with your name and daytime phone number to the email address below and a member of the team will call you back.
Contact by e-mail to: [email protected] (please include your phone number in your email)

Soldato
Some very decided opinions on this lol. I have advertised his room... I can't call him or message him as he's blocked all communication with me and I don't know where he lives.

If you want, message me in trust with his name and facebook account and your real name and I'll message him on facebook politely asking him what he wants doing with his stuff and the car parts. I can act as a go-between for you, sometimes it's easier that way.:)

Soldato
Taking his stuff = Theft = Criminal Matter.

Him not paying rent = Civil matter.

You are being a douche. Give him his stuff back and then maybe you might be able to try to start working a way out between you of how he will repay the owed rent.

Permabanned
OP

You are being a douche. Give him his stuff back and then maybe you might be able to try to start working a way out between you of how he will repay the owed rent.

I'm the douche for helping him for months on end with money etc.... For him to move out not paying anything he owes me.... And additionally him blocking all communications with me... Via phone... Facebook and whatsapp. At this point I wouldn't even be able to give his stuff back. If he's making it extra hard for me to contact him why do I need to waste my time tracking him down or going through other people.

Remarks like the one you just made is a sweeping statement and I would certainly love to see what you would do in my situation.

Last edited:
Soldato

There's no difference, he effectively used a service and didn't pay for it, it's theft irrespective of the technicalities of the law

Associate
just been reading the thread, and my question regarding his stuff is
Do you know the finanice details on the items?
- are they paid off?
-if not and money is owed on the item, how would it affect you (if at all)?
- especially if you got rid of the items?

Soldato
As was said above.

How do you "know" he has cancer ? Was he getting treatment for it (Radiotherapy/Chemo) ? Are you sure it wasn't just a bowel condition (Chrons/IBS/etc) which he was playing up on.

The reason I ask is I know someone who made up a shedload of lies about having cancer, to not only get money - but a pile of sympathy and attention, just because he was also an a-hole with money (got lends and into a pile of debt) and basically caused a major handling related to his alcohol consumption (then claimed he was depressed/suicidal from the diagnosis which was all made up)

And yes, it isn't just girls who do that sort of thing. It was a guy.

Last edited:
Soldato
It doesn't matter if he had cancer or not, I'm not sure why people are fixating on it.

The OP can either, say whatever to the whole thing, wash his hands of it 1 bad friend down and carry on living his life with it behind him or he can stress over it all wondering if he was duped, annoyed at the money that he is short and spend time, money and effort trying to get it back.

I know which I would choose, happiness instead of dragging it out. £600 for knowing what kind of man his 'friend' was, worth it.

OP, box up his stuff, post it on social media that it needs picking up or drop it with a joint friend to pass it on and move on with your life. don't dwell on it, be happy :)

Back
Top Bottom