House security what you got?

Soldato
So after being broken into and having my car stolen it’s obviously put us on edge and given me a desire to protect my home better.

What deterrents and security measures do you have in place and any recommendations?

I’m now looking at a CCTV system (unsure which it’s a minefield)

anti snap locks

A motion flood light

I’ve also just got a Pat Lock for my conservatory doors which is the way they got in.

Soldato
OP
Sadly the best deterrents are not owning a nice car (and/or having the ability to hide it from sight) and making the neighbours look like easier targets :(

Having well lit entry points (including things like windows which might give them access) does help and making sure they can't easily get down the side of the house out of sight, etc.
Yeah I need a side gate they just went straight round the back and into the conservatory for the keys.

Soldato
OP
That’s my issue with CCTV I’ve got a ring door bell and been provided with a lot of footage of the time leading up to to the breaking and they just walked all over the estate with masks on in the middle of the road shining torches down the drives. In the end decided on my car which wasn’t helped by having little decent security. I keep looking at CCTV but not sure on what’s good value for money that can be installed myself.
I’m in the process of a house insurance claim which I’ll be paying extra for anti snap locks as I was told they wouldn’t do that without paying a fee.

Back
Top Bottom