• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How are people getting GPU's ?

Caporegime
10K is silly. but so is 1440p in 2021. lolz.

240hz

I mainly 99% of the time play csgo.

Playing csgo @ 4k would be pointless.

So I think people need to understand everyone's use type is different it's why I said I don't like ultra wide but I do understand others do so didn't just say it was pointless.

I'd also take 1440p 240hz over 4k 60hz monitor any day of the week.

Again HDR makes zero difference to me playing CSGO 99% of the time

Associate
I got a 6700xt via the Ockers (Gibbo sale to gamers) - And have been looking for 3+ months ... I admit back what nov/dec I was too picky wanted a certain model/certain price and then recently would almost take anything, but I set my eye on a AMD card (just wanted to give that a go).

Associate
There should be more voucher drops this week I believe. So follow the forum close as you can for info on that. Especially the new sub-section in the Graphics card section (but also the buy sell in the members market).

This will allow you to grab a voucher for a card to bring it down to a realistic price in this current market. There's not a ton of cards available for the most part, but it's a lot less scalpers/bots fighting for them, so you stand a realistic chance of grabbing one.

Your other option is going into the Clearance section, and making OCUK an offer, but to be honest, price to performance wise, you're probably better off waiting for a voucher.

How do you even access mm? And these voucher deals will they be hidden somewhere in secret in the list of the forum or listed under the graphics card section like the current one?

Associate
So my little cousin is in uni and he's doing computer science, 1 of the things he's doing is particle and fluid dynamics/simulations, I couldn't tell you specifics I just know it looked hella complicated, Anyway he had built himself a computer with the little he managed to save up and was missing a GPU and the things he's doing would be immensely helped by having a GPU, This wasn't him saying it, I got in touch with a professor at his uni and he said a GPU is pretty invaluable for getting these things done in a timely manner, Considering this is his future he's dealing with I donated my own GPU to my little cousin, My 2080 Ti, It's my only GPU but I figure his future is more important than me being able to play video games.

So now I'm on a tablet with wireless keyboard, Slight downgrade XD

Got me thinking though, How are people ordering GPU's though OCUK ? Is there a pre-order function in place or something ? I have money ready to go but I'm not going to be looking to the scumbag scalpers or anyone that price gouges.

Just luck i guess, i bought all PC components last year and they are all still boxed up. I am missing a gfx card and cpu, the 3080 and the ryzen 9s are rare. Really annoyed is beyond it. If im lucky i might be able to get a cpu within the next 3 months and the gfx card i believe might be 7+ months away

Soldato
I'm waiting with baited breath for any new announcements for video cards from Gibbo. I missed the last one unfortunately, for the 6700XT which would have been a good upgrade from my 1660.

Changing to a Gigabyte M27Q monitor and running at native 1440p hasn't helped and apart from a few games (Vermintide, TOR and Doom Eternal) I've had to drop my settings to medium!! Thankfully adaptive sync is working well.

Associate
I'm waiting with baited breath for any new announcements for video cards from Gibbo. I missed the last one unfortunately, for the 6700XT which would have been a good upgrade from my 1660.

Changing to a Gigabyte M27Q monitor and running at native 1440p hasn't helped and apart from a few games (Vermintide, TOR and Doom Eternal) I've had to drop my settings to medium!! Thankfully adaptive sync is working well.

I'm fixed on 3080 but prices seem to be increasing so I might be a much longer wait. Not willing to go for anything else as I would end up changing again for the card I want.

No pre orders which is understandable. I wish I had spare CPU or gfx card to use until they come in stock but this is my first AMD CPU build since athlon days.

Associate
I'm hoping OCUK will have some 3060TI's but they seem to be more scarce than a white Tiger. Regarding buying them atm best way as said before is to buy a pre built system. I have seen quite a few around in stock with 3070's at not bad prices. I would have grabbed one myself but only did an upgrade on the rest of the parts before Xmas :(

Soldato
I'm hoping OCUK will have some 3060TI's but they seem to be more scarce than a white Tiger. Regarding buying them atm best way as said before is to buy a pre built system. I have seen quite a few around in stock with 3070's at not bad prices. I would have grabbed one myself but only did an upgrade on the rest of the parts before Xmas :(
The 3060 Ti seems to be the rarest of the lot for some reason. Even moreso than the 3080. The 3070 is by far the most common one to pop up on stock alert sites, followed by the 3090.

Back
Top Bottom