• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How are people getting GPU's ?

Associate
Mining has been going on for years, these supply problems have gone up to an entirely new level since scalpers got on board, yes miners are having an effect, but I think you have really under estimated just how many people have jumped on this bandwagon its far more profitable than mining could ever be wished for, circa £50 a month or make a profit of £500 in a couple of days?

Also how many are mining with PS5's yet they nowhere to be seen.

This is true, look at the console situation. You can't mine on those yet the prices went up, mainly because of scalpers inserting themselves in the middle. And I don't mean the odd person getting 1 or 2 by chance and then selling the extras, I am talking about the serial scalpers that are buying up as much stock as they can get hold of, and in many cases using bots etcs. Prices on consoles are finally starting to come down now, as the supply/demand is balancing out. I use the high street second hand shop as an indicator as now they are buying consoles just £20 above rrp.

I am not looking to buy another ps5 but in the past month could have got 2 from retailers that I signed up for/registered interest.

Soldato
I'd love to know too, I'm not going to insinuate that something shady is going on but the fact that online retailers sell out within literal seconds sounds very fishy

So it's fishy that a small handful of cards come in stock and there are social media type groups with 10,000+ people in them all trying to get said handful of cards whilst sitting at their PC, not to mention all the people with auto buying bots.

Totally fishy going out of stock quickly with websites crashing in the process ;);):p

Last edited:
Permabanned
The scapling trend really recently gained momemtum in the sneaker industry.

Nike trainers were scapled like crazy. As soon as new Nike sneakers came out in stores, scaplers bought out all of the stock.It Sold Out in muinutes! It became a business for almost every standard Joe. Teenagers even started opening their own scapled stores.

https://youtu.be/O1WM-yx2tC8

Now it has clearly spread to GPUs and Games Consoles during the lockdown, the scale is unreal because retailers are scapling hugely as well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-56270058

Permabanned
Anyone want to go halfs on a scalped GPU and we'll share throughout the week until prices normalise?

With tech , goods loose a lot of money over a short space of time. Also you get little to no warranty, if your card bricks in, £1500 all lost.

I would recommend, "Don't support the scaplers".

Caporegime
Spent more time looking than asking the same thing over and over on forums. :p

Nah but seriously, keep an eye on the new GPU deals section. Gibbo promised forum only deals in there soon.

Also GPU stock discords are apparently a thing.

Some websites also let you set up email alerts when things come into stock. Be quick on the trigger.

Associate
Spent more time looking than asking the same thing over and over on forums. :p

Nah but seriously, keep an eye on the new GPU deals section. Gibbo promised forum only deals in there soon.

Also GPU stock discords are apparently a thing.

Some websites also let you set up email alerts when things come into stock. Be quick on the trigger.

I've read of the gpu deals section :( also seen Feek say another member with fewer posts than me and a join date after me was eligible to see it when it opens. Are they still working on access?

Caporegime
I've read of the gpu deals section :( also seen Feek say another member with fewer posts than me and a join date after me was eligible to see it when it opens. Are they still working on access?

I think so, theres no rhyme or reason I can see for who does and doesn't have access currently... Hopefully they'll figure out the problem before deals go live.

So far @Feek and @Gibbo haven't confirmed what the entry barrier is supposed to be, or confirmed if it is indeed not working properly. :p

Guys, just hire someone who knows how to do Xenforo admin. :D

Associate
Think I may wait another year for the market to stabilise a bit more, I don't really want to get worked up over trying to get a GPU.

Worked up beyond belief, components just sat there gathering dust, no cpu or gfx. I dont even have anything spare to use. i am hoping that the prices will come down rather than profiteering, ive seen a few companies inflate prices due to limited stock and i really dont want to get caught in that mess.

Back
Top Bottom