• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How common is Coil Whine?

Associate
So as the title suggests, I want to know how common it is for a GPU to have coil whine among the people in this forum.
In the past few years I have been using; RTX 2060, HD 7770, RX 590, RX 5700 xt and recently both an RX 6750 xt & RX 6700.
All cards have had pretty audible coil whine, which in the past was pretty easy to ignore as the case fans were loud.
But now, upgrading to Arctic's P12 it's too noticeable.
So how many of y'all have had very loud coil whine?

I've got to say, did you try swapping out the PSU? The only time I had it (a GTX 1080) it howled like a banshee but the PSU took a turn for the worse not long after I'm inclined to think the two are related. Never seen it since in regular use. That being said you will get whine if you have ridiculously high FPS in menus say, always limit to something close to maximum monitor refresh rate anything over is wasted effort on the gpu's part.
Hi. yes, I've used several PSUs.
I started with an EVGA 500w BR Bronze then move on to an NZXT C750W and then recently I upgraded to a Corsair RM850W 2019
Because of the zero fan RPM. But I still get coil whine :(
After reading this forum I guess I'm just extremely unlucky!

Back
Top Bottom