How difficult to make something similar to this

Associate
I have seen this php script for sale at codecanyon. http://codecanyon.net/item/freelancer-office/8870728

which looks quite good.. However there is stuff it does that I don't need and there's a few features that I would like that it doesn't have.
Like I would like a module to add millage and a section for service contracts and that.

I know a bit of html and database stuff. very basic php and I'm starting to learn c#.net .

What would I need to know to get something like this to work?

Soldato
Having never seen/used it, so based purely on the features list, i'd say it's well worth $31.

With good knowledge of the languages, it would probably take around a week to build.
Learning as you go, it could take several months.

If you want to do it yourself, the important part is reading/writing to the database.
You'll need to learn about database design, SQL and how to communicate with the database in whichever language you choose.

Once you have it working with the correct data being sent and received, then you can worry about the html and css to make it look good.

Last edited:
Associate
As a SQL dev, from the database point of view alone, as a one-off the $31 would be worth it.

Per the previous post, even with my experience the time taken to build something to accommodate the feature list from a very basic point of view would be a good chunk of time.

A project tracker/timer is a good app. Nothing stopping you spending $31 dollars and using it as inspiration to learn. E.g. anything you think is missing you could build upon it.

Back
Top Bottom