How do I boost my FPS without damaging my pc

Associate
I feel like my fps is to low for my specifications of my pc. Dose anyone have any advice on how to boost fps As I have previously tried to change graphics and ect to help the matter but it’s only helped by 10 or so FPS. I wouldn’t prefer to overclock unless it boosts my fps without causing any damage to my PC
I don’t know any fps boosters I can trust, and I haven’t tried stretch resolution.

My specs are
•An ryzen 5 4600
•An RTX 3060
•And 16 gigabytes of ram
And I don’t know my motherboard it was a prebuilt

It depends on what we're talking, e.g. 50 fps or 150 fps, but theoretically 10 fps is actually pretty decent and likely to be the best you'll achieve.

What games are you having trouble with and at what settings/resolution?

I’m having trouble on Rust mainly and I am running 60 FPS but my friends on worser systems at higher graphics can run more FPS and I don’t know why

My monitor is limited to 60fps but it doesn’t restrict my game it can go over 60fps when it feels like it lol

Wait so I’m running faster than it should, because mine is just a 3060 not a 3060ti.
Well thanks for your help. but do you know any safe fps boosters which actually work I just want to get the most out of my pc

What do you think would be worth it then?
Optimisation guides on YouTube that talk you through the settings available in the game and in your drivers.

Making sure that you have closed down any unnecessary programs so that you have enough RAM available for the game.

Check that your RAM is running at the speed intended, with a program like CPU-Z.

That's it really...

I’m thinking about upgrading my ram anyway do you think the jump from 16-32 will make a difference in any way especially in game

I’m thinking about upgrading my ram anyway do you think the jump from 16-32 will make a difference in any way especially in game
I don't know about memory usage of the game: Rust specifically, but the rule of thumb with RAM upgrades is that if you don't have enough: yes. If you do have enough: none (or very little).

In general: it will not improve your FPS, unless the speed is higher and you're CPU bottlenecked, though if you're running out it can improve the overall framerate consistency and smooth out the lows.

So is it worth it?? Or am I just burning money
You would need to:

(For capacity)
- Check your memory usage while gaming.
- Investigate how much memory Rust typically uses.
- Look for typical symptoms of running out (e.g. stuttering loading/unloading levels or programs).

(For speed)
- Identify the speed your memory is currently running at.
- Look at the CPU/GPU status while you play Rust, so you'll know if there's a bottleneck,

Off the top of my head, I suspect you would be burning money, because running out is usually obvious and your FPS (from the link mickyflinn shared) appears to be normal, but like I said, I don't play this game.

overcl
Dose anyone have any advice on how to boost fps A
use a program called afterburner to overclock your graphics card core mhz, and the ram speed on there too
lots of guides as to how to do it on the web,
the biggest danger is using stress testers to check if an overclock is stable and accidentally leave it running
hfurmark gpu tester is a baddy for that, it can create enough heat while stress testing to burn out a card
Personally I'd download afterburner, and learn how to use it, it's free fps, I overclock most of my gpus for an extra 10% fps, I only havn't this time is because the 4090 makes so much heat anyway at stock! there is not really anywhere else for me to go with it, unless it was watercooled, but that aint happening, so meh, I'l just use its stock awesomeness

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom