How do I stop my Vodafone router giving a .broadband DNS suffix?

Soldato
My THG3000 Vodafone router gives DHCP clients a .broadband suffix for DNS. This is causing some issues, and it's preventing Windows 11 clients connecting to my server and NAS.

So how do I fix it? As it handles my wifi I cannot just roll up a DHCP server. I cannot see any way to change the DHCP options in the router's configuration.

I was looking at replacing it with a Draytek router but that didn't work out.

Soldato
OP
If you still have the Draytek router there's no reason why that won't work with Vodafone.

I used to double-NAT when I was with BT and while it worked, it proved an embuggeration in the end. Or do you mean that I disable DHCP etc on the Vodafone router then plug it into the switch side of the Draytek?

Soldato
OP
Disable DHCP on the Voda router, and run dhcpd or (better yet) AdGuard Home on a Pi or similar.

Adguard Home sounds like a plan! I have a spare HP Gen8 Microserver that is probably overkill for the job but it's there. I see it's Linux-based, so which distro should I use? Bear in mind that I have near zero recent Linux / Unix experience, and never had more than a passing familiarity a decade or more ago.

Back
Top Bottom