How do original X-Box games look on 360?

Soldato
Do they look better, or is it much the same.

Also, how do original X-Box games look on an LCD as opposed to CRT TV.

Man of Honour
Some games offer good improvements like Anti-Aliasing on Halo, but the majority I believe are rendered in HD, so they look a bit crisper.

Saying that, some games have some issues where they have some slowdown etc.

How do you mean LCD? Do you mean using HD outputs on a LCD monitor as opposed to a normal Standard Definition CRT TV?

Soldato
OP
Thanks DaveyD. I 've only ever seen a console - PS2 and X-Box played through CRT TV's.

Just wondering if picture quality was better if connected to an LCD TV.

Man of Honour
The picture quality is a pretty massive jump from a standard TV to a HDTV resolution. (Doesn't have to be LCD, as not all LCDs are HD, and you can get HD CRTs too).

Permabanned
I got halo 2 today and altho i cant compare as i didnt have the original box i think it looks really good. Easily runs at 60fps constant, smooth as silk and as far as i can tell has good AA implemented as i couldnt see a single jaggie. In all honesty i couldnt really discern it as last gen. Altho there is no HDR or clever reflections and bump mapping it on the whole looks better to me than PD0, no lie.

Soldato
I didnt really notice much of a difference on Halo2.. and thought it looked last gen compared to the current titles of GRAW, GoW and FNR3.. soon to be released.

Not to mention, there was still bumpmapping load in apparent on some of the scenes as with xbox 1.. which was very disappointing.

Soldato
i was amased myself, i wanted something different and i managed to find splinter cell:pandora tomorrow brand new for 47p (yes im a cheap git.. but i did like the first one) i thought it would horrid compared to the 360 graphics im now used to but im amased how good it does look at 1080i..... although the fact its non widescreen took a little time to get over the annoyance of the black bars at the side

if elder scrolls wasnt coming out soon i think id get an original RPG just to keep me going but i think i can wait as i just got NFS:MW and Quake4

Soldato
Saw splinter cell Chaos theory and pandora tomorrow in a shop dead cheap today. I've never been into the series but might pick ne of these up. Which is the better game?

Soldato
Chaos Theory. Better singleplayer, and I think it has the same multiplayer modes as Pandora tomorrow (the excellent spies vs mercs modes), plus its own co-op.

Back
Top Bottom