How do you get better at dancing....

Soldato
..is it just practice or do most people need/require lessons?
I'm quite a bit out of practice so feel kind of isolated and not very confident though I believe I can maintain/hold a rhythm. Thing is I'm out with the Mrs trying to dance, having only danced four times in the last ten years and an ugly retard of a person walks up to the Mrs and says you two look like you've got some "sexy" moves you'll have give me a few lessons, before being dragged away by a a mate. What are most other people's experiences?

On the last four occasions I've just knocked about four pints back and not given a hoot about what other people think and quite often you'll find us both on the dance floor with nobody else on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Two weeks ago I was at Soul Night at the Kings Hall in Stoke busting out some moves even with two dodgy knees that need replacing.
Nobody gives a stuff about how bad I am and I don't care.
I'm then head banging at a rock venue called Eleven which I'm quite an expert in, I reckon I could win competitions at head banging because I've been doing it for 50 years.
Do you ever frequent the Underground and Rigger/ Devils Night? Just wonder whether you know my mates Bobby Baddeley and Chris Munday? The former is a drummer and the latter is a lead vocalist for You Yes You.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Are there any professional dancers on here? Taking on board what everybody else has said, it would be useful to receive their input.
I think if confidence and being out of practice is an issue I'd b better off ignoring the haters who walk up to you and criticise and concentrate on having a good time. I don't understand what motivates people to criticise when they either aren't or can't dance themselves?
The incident I'm referring to ruined the night because it upset the person I was with despite them apologising and asking us to dance with them later. One thing I did notice was nobody was criticising the complete idiots. They were left alone.

Back
Top Bottom