How do you hide the page title in Wordpress?

Soldato
I've found it easier to do more complicated things like manipulate the PHP code for the sidebar etc but how do you stop it from showing the page title on every page? I don't want people on the home page to see a 'Home' written at the top.

It seems to do it for all pages where the content is anything but blank. I've looked for help on Google but nothing makes sense, there is no custom field entry anywhere?

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Don't worry I managed to sort it by adding display: none; into the stylesheet under the appropriate culprit.

I've going to spend today finishing the website. Is there anything decent I can read on how to back it up and download a copy onto my computer, or can I do this manually via a FTP app?

Soldato
Title display always annoys me, but yes, you can turn it off via CSS or if you're feeling even more dextrous, the PHP itself.

As for backups, copy everything in WordPress folder to your computer via FTP, and also take a copy of the database from PHPMyAdmin using the export feature :)

Soldato
A cPanel backup would be fine, otherwise I posted in your other thread about different backup methods.

There are plenty of backup methods too, including free plugins which will perform scheduled backups to a cloud account such as Dropbox (and you can control how many backups are stored in the cloud so your space isn't depleted).

It's a good idea to do a manual backup (again, most plugins will do this) if you're going to upgrade a bunch of plugins, your theme or the Wordpress core.

For scheduled (weekly) backups to Dropbox I use BackWPup and for manual backups I use BackupWordpress (it's much quicker than BackWPup).

Soldato
OP
A cPanel backup would be fine, otherwise I posted in your other thread about different backup methods.

I've installed both of those programmes.

BackWPup is now backing up the site weekly straight to my Dropbox. Great.

It seems to create a ZIP file which contains the whole site but does that also include the 'database.' I'm still a bit unsure how I'd restore it if anything went wrong.

Back
Top Bottom