How do you translate this?

Associate
On-Site-Customer-Exchange Service:
Dispatch of a replacement unit best case within forty eight (48) hrs (weekend or bank holiday excluded) after initial call at the call desk/service centre. Dispatch of the replacement unit and collection of the defective unit will be free of charge.

I am new to onsite warrenty, but they send me a replacement unit and all I need to do is to return the defective unit - does that mean I can keep the replacement unit?

I have heard that this is normaly what it means, and you can be lucky to get a good replacement and other times you need to return a couple before you get a replacement that suits you.

I just feel almost too lucky with my replacement, as I had a 20" LCD, and because they didn't have a 20" replacement in stock I got a 23" replacement instead. It's a monitor that costs the double of the original one, but the phone call and instructions does not mention that this is just a borrow monitor - am I that lucky?

The one I got is probably refurbed, but looks almost new, with no pixel errors, bleeding problems, odd colors or anything in that direction - it actually smells new when I turn it on (gotta love that smell)..

The company is Viewsonic (sorry if I am not allowed to mention that).

I am about to return the defect unit, and I still haven't found anything mentioning me NOT to include cables and accesories.

I am not good at english, but I am almost sure the woman at the call line said "Only monitor - no cables or accesories"..

Can anyone confirm I should only return the monitor and keep the rest - anyone tried it?

TIA

Back
Top Bottom