how do you wire up neon string?

Permabanned
ive just received some neon string and havent a clue how to wire it up to a molex. Ive got the invertor which i know is necessary but the string is literally just the string with no attachments. Any help in how to do this would be appreciated :)

Associate
well i'm guessing it works pretty much the same as a normal cold cathose, the inverter should have a very small plug on it that's the 12V +ve and -ve in and the slightly larger plug on the other side should be the 100V ~AC out, you sure you dont have any conectors or anything? did you check the contence of your package with a packing list incase they missed something out? anyway.. if it's just cheep you can still use it, it's just a case of bodging the wires a bit, you may need some chop-blocks, electrical tape and some plyers. what sort of connection do you have on the string? do you have aterminal or a wire each end?

Permabanned
OP
Right i bought an invertor with it which is exactly as you described but there string is literally just the string with no connectors at all. Looks like its going to have to be a bodge job then.... What are chop-blocks? The wire is one long piece which has bare wire at each end. I have stripped a bit of the plastic coating off each end ready to connect it up somehow. Any more help is greatly appreciated. :)

Back
Top Bottom