How does a Asus Xonar D2X compare?

Associate
I preferred my D2x just down to the amount of connectors for my setup. Sadly I can’t use it in my new system as it just restarts my system after a number of minutes.

Not sure on the actual sound quality as I I’m yet to sort out connecting my setup to the Aorus Masters on-board card. I’d like to find a decent replacement card to be honest.

Soldato
OP
For what use?
With 50 ohm output impedance headphone output isn't good for low impedance headphones.

Also that ASMedia PCIe-PCI bridge chip isn't good for compatibility with AM4 boards...
Many of which use chipset made by ASMedia... :rolleyes:
It would be headphones (24ohm) for starters but I would like to get some small 2.1 speakers at some point.
I can't even remember why I got it, think it was something to do with that EAX sound.

Soldato
It would be headphones (24ohm) for starters but I would like to get some small 2.1 speakers at some point.
I can't even remember why I got it, think it was something to do with that EAX sound.
That's very low impedance probably built for modern near zero ohm impedance outputs.
What's the headphone model?
If you would be playing games that really old Dolby Headphone is rather average and would be further bad fit for above neutral bass headphones.
After all Dolby this and that hype was rather shock to hear Dolby Headphone game recordings first time...

Soldato
OP
That's very low impedance probably built for modern near zero ohm impedance outputs.
What's the headphone model?
If you would be playing games that really old Dolby Headphone is rather average and would be further bad fit for above neutral bass headphones.
After all Dolby this and that hype was rather shock to hear Dolby Headphone game recordings first time...
They're some Sony extra bass type headphones nothing special.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a d2x on my board always had hit or miss issues with the free headphones I got with my MSI Z170A Gaming M5 board (MSI Siberia V2).

Just wondering whether to drop the d2x out of the comp and just use the onboard sound sed if that's better, any thoughts?

Matt

C64

C64

Soldato
I'd just use it and see if any issues it's still a great card better than any onboard
I still love my xonar dx 7.1 dolby headphones room setting 2 the xonar is connected to a schiit magni headphone amp 3.5 to rca

C64

C64

Soldato
I'm up and running ryzen 3600 on msi b450 gaming plus max, xonar dx , latest official win 10 xonar drivers

0 issues thus far

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom