how far did you move away

Soldato
4200 miles. The distance doesn't really bother me now what with Facetime, etc. I can jump on a few planes and be home in ~14hrs if I need to too.

I do miss fish & chips though. It's something that Americans are completely unable to cook.

Soldato
Not far for me, I stayed within about 10 miles of where I've always lived (bar "Uni" period) but the rest of my family moved away from where I live. Some about 20 miles or so, some over 200. Doesn;t bother me, I see them when I see them

- GP

Soldato
Belfast to Liverpool, though my brothers moved to Reading and London and my dad will be moving to Whitney so we will all be over here come next summer.

Soldato
Myself and my siblings couldn't afford to live where we grew up and ended moving to different parts of the country which was hard for our parents as it was a few hours travel in opposite directions to visit.

They've since moved somewhere cheaper and nicer so it's looking like we might all be moving back to the same ish area. Probably forcing out some locals in the process who now can't afford to live in their home town.

Associate
I didn't make the first move, as soon as I finished 6th form my parents sold the house and moved from Saffron walden to Vienna, so technically it was then moving away from me :p

But, moved to Edinburgh for uni for 5 years, spent a year in Farnborough, now been in Taiwan for 5 years. I've never checked exactly how far away that is from my mum now, but it's not exactly down the road.

Edit: According to Google, 9,757km.

Last edited:
Soldato
Born and bred on Notts but since I graduated I've lived in :

Leicester
London
Walsall
Nottingham
Birmingham
Nottingham again
A village near Donington Park
Newcastle where I'm settled for now.

I do miss my friends more now as I've settled down with a kid so just disappearing for the weekend and staying with mates isn't a possibility.

Love living here though with the nightlife, coast, fishing, camping and some amazing driving.

Soldato
Moved 50 or so miles from a village into London thinking I would never return. Had a kid with the other half who is a self-confessed 'townie' (classy lady is from Slough) and I realised I needed village life again. Persuaded her to move back to my old village and we all love it. Weird thing is that we managed to buy a property in the middle of the village and from my bedroom window I can see into the church rectory gardens and the bench I used to get drunk on and snog girls about 25 years ago. :D

Back
Top Bottom