how far did you move away

Soldato
~240 miles in 1992, from Heswall (Wirral) to Southampton.

Now family have moved to the east side of the peninsula, it doesn't feel like I re-visiting "home" when I travel to see them, but it still feels odd if we outings to the west side, like go for a walk around West Kirby's Marine Lake etc.

It really does pay to get Advanced train tickets these days, but it is still a fair chunk of cash, so we rarely pop up there more than twice a year tops... Which feels worse now we are all getting older.

Soldato
30 miles. From small Home Counties market town to the Big City. While I don’t miss the town I grew up in at all, Big City life is highly over-rated unless you have plenty of time and money free to enjoy it.

Associate
I moved about 830 miles from Sweden to Chelmsford, Essex. Got my parents coming over a couple of times a year for a weekend as its only a couple of hours flight back home. Miss some things and people but not feeling much home sick at all.

Poor you. Hope you didn't do something too bad and are able to return at some stage. :D

Associate
Poor you. Hope you didn't do something too bad and are able to return at some stage. :D

Haha, well, Chelmsford isn't too bad considering it is in Essex. And about returning home, nah, didn't do anything bad at all, but my mum loves England and London so she likes to come over for shopping every nwo and then lol. Specially now when the pound have dropped in rates.

Associate
Haha, well, Chelmsford isn't too bad considering it is in Essex. And about returning home, nah, didn't do anything bad at all, but my mum loves England and London so she likes to come over for shopping every nwo and then lol. Specially now when the pound have dropped in rates.

Curious, I would've thought Sweden > UK..

Back
Top Bottom