how hard is it to create a website ?

Soldato
Just getting into programming etc with my raspberry pi and I've had an idea about a comparison website , already checked the Internet and it's not been done , but was just wondering how hard it would be to actually pull it off ? I'm not interested in making money off the site, it's just to make mine and over companies life easier :) .. any help would be much appreciated!

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your replies :) ... I know that there might be quite a lot of work involved and as I am a novice at this sort of thing I have a lot to learn! ... I was thinking of pulling the info from the other sites/companies, but I'm unsure of the process of doing this?

Soldato
OP
It wouldn't be easier to pull the info in I don't think as the prices change daily and stock would be constantly updating ? Would it be worth my while writing to the companies and telling them my idea and asking for access to there database? It would be giving them business in affect so don't see why they wouldn't allow it :)

Soldato
OP
If they don't already have an api setup for you to use then you probably won't get anywhere. It wouldn't be that they don't want you to access their prices just that there could be a lot of development work for them to allow you in. They might have a single database which holds all their stock and prices but also customer details too. They'd need to create a way for you to access the prices and nothing else.

The development costs would be bigger than the additional sales unless you can show that you'll direct a lot of traffic to them.

I see what you mean, thanks for the replies, I'll have to see if there api's are available first then :)

Back
Top Bottom