How have we as a species allowed it to come to this?

Caporegime
Customer service.

Example 1, home customer:

Sky. Want to cancel Sky TV because Netflix. Go online, log in, manage package. "Soz this is for ppls spending moniez only, u wanna cancel, pls call". Strike 1. How the **** can I not cancel stuff online?

Fine. Call them. "Contact us". "Have you tried this?" Yes. "You sure?" Yes. "Wanna try the community which we don't pay and hope can resolve your problem for free so we don't have to?" No. "Wanna have a chat with an online advisor?" No. "Ok, phone number". Strike 2. Why the **** do we have to exhaust 27 other options before getting something as simple as a phone number?

Make the call. "Hi, due to extremely high demand blablabla 10 mins wait minimum". That's odd, let's try another approach. "Hi I wanna upgrade sky". Literally 3 seconds later "Hi Sky speaking how can I help?". "I wanna cancel". "Soz m8, wrong number, you can find the number online". Back at square 1.

**** this.

Try again next day, exactly the same story. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. 10 mins minimum? Seriously?

Try chat. After an hour of waiting I close the tab.

Phone again, this time using an 0800 number I was given, and after 13 mins I get through. "Hi wot u want". "Cancel sky". "Ok, I pass u to retentions team". "No, I don't want the retentions team, I want the cancellation team". "Same team". Fine. Just get on with it. "Hi retentions team speaking, wot u want?". "Cancel Sky". "Why u wanna cancel Sky?". "Because reasons". "Lol, no sir, we need to explore every single option first before we allow that, what telly do you watch? Pls buy more telly". "No cancel pls". "But why?".

JUST. CANCEL. THE. *******. TELLY.

Aaaaaand breathe. I was also going to type out my recent experiences with SSE and BT but I've cooled down now.

Questions stands though, how have we as a society allowed it to get to this? Why is dealing with these companies always, always less fun than having your tonsels surgically removed with a chainsaw, through your arse hole?

I just beggars belief. I'm going to start researching companies which don't suck balls, I'm too old for this ****.

Caporegime
OP
trust me BT are just as bad, everytime i have to phone its like 30mins to 1hr of waiting or going through rights. Such a time waste, i actually fear having to call them.

This is on my list for today as well, if it wasn't a business account I'd simply cancel the direct debit and let them chase as it's easier than clawing my eyeballs out whilst on hold.

See also:
Thames Water
Sky (as above)
BT
SSE
TalkTalk (special place in hell for this lot)
Vodafone (although they seem to have pulled their socks up in recent years)

Someone needs to start a company, make it marginally more expensive than all this lot and run it properly, not bleeding money at every turn, name it "Good Service LTD" or something and rake in the cash. Someone do this pls. tnx.

Caporegime
OP
or you could be someone else trying to change the account details of some random person for fraudulent purposes.

Yeah, because cancelling someone else's Sky is definitely the end game for fraudulent crooks.

AWWW GOSH DARNIT THEM CRIMINAL BOYS GONE DONE AND CANCELLED ME SKY AGAIN!

Caporegime
OP
This thread is just like those posters who don't know how to close a door on Jehova's - life skillz zero

It's not really, is it? A Jehovah comes on your terms, it's easy to just slam the door and walk away. Same with the TV licence cretins. Unfortunately with Sky it's a necessary step and needs to be done on their terms.

Also, jehovahs, my aunt lived close to one of their church things where they would train the youngsters in the art of "HELLO HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS?" and every now and then they'd actually walk the local 'hood to try it out. It got worse and worse over time until it became a weekly thing, every Saturday, without fail. My aunt had a black labrador so she let it run in the garden outside and when she saw them approaching, she opened the door and called the dog. "SATAN!!! SATAAAAANNNN!!!!"

They never knocked on her door again.

Caporegime
OP
Mixed bag today. I've managed to get SSE to call me when they need money paid, so that saves me spending half my life on hold waiting for them.

The crap one however is now I need to sort out a bill with BT. Let's see how long this takes.

"Thank you for holding, we are very busy at the moment, we apologise for the delay, your call will be answered as soon as possible" - Hire some more staff for **** sakes, you're a multi-billion pound company :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom