How high is your cooker hood/extractor?

Soldato
Yet another question, where we feel like we're re-inventing the wheel! This seems to be happening a lot..

Our quartz slab cutting plan is going to give us a max of 750mm (possibly 800mm if we're lucky) high for the splashback. Units are 900mm high so that gives us 1650mm as the height to the bottom of the cooker hood. Measuring this up, it seems awfully low :confused:

It's a chimney-style so sticks out 600mm I think. The hood that was in the kitchen originally seemed very low and it annoyed the heck out of us (but of course we didn't measure it :o )

How high is yours? Would you sit the hood slightly above the splashback to get more height, or would that look weird?

Best thing was when I redid the kitchen I found that the builders had mis drilled the hole for the extraction. It was 95% blocked with the flexi hose they had used almost blocked being squeezed to get out of the hole.
We’ve never had an extractor that actually vents out, all of our previous ones in rented places were just circulating things. It’s very exciting, although I’m sure my OCD other half will still complain about cooking smells :o

Not at home at the moment but we did spend a lot of time getting the height of ours right when planning the false breast in our kitchen (the extractor is under in the breast)
How high is that?

Bumping this. Sounds like we can only get 750mm out of our slab of quartz which means it'll probably be that high. I was hoping for 800mm to be honest :o

The hood sticks out from the wall 500mm. Are we going to regret it being 750mm high?

It's 785mm off the top of the worktop and 1680mm off the finished floor level
Cheers. We just did some measuring and considering we've got high ceilings (2.8m) and nothing on the wall around the cooker it seems more pleasing to the eye to put it higher. We've drawn up (and held up various cardboard boxes :p) and 880mm above the worktop looks ideal for us. We're only 5'8 and 5'10 I think but considering it sticks out (depth) by 500mm the 750mm seems too low and could result in the odd concussion!

Oh, I wrote this post in reverse. What I mean to say is to do the above^ we're going to opt for a half-heigh splashback out of the quartz which would be 500mm high. It matches the bottom of our only wall mounted units opposite it, which again seems natural.

Back
Top Bottom