How high should a 65 inch tv be mounted

Associate
As low or high as you want it to go is the obvious answer.

However, I advise customers to not have the TV too high. Nothing worse than having to look up at a TV screen. IMHO, the highest the TV should be mounted is where the bottom of the screen is not much above eye level when you are sitting in your viewing position.If you are sitting a bit further away, you can afford to have the TV a little higher. The main thing is to not be looking up at the TV. Obviously you have to take into consideration how the TV looks in the room. If it's too low it will look "wrong". That seems to be a mistake a lot of people make, they choose the height based on how good it looks as far as the room is concerned, rather than viewing comfort. The classic case is where the customer wants the TV above a fireplace, because it looks good, but the seating position is fairly close and you're having to actually tilt your head backwards to watch TV. I advise against this.

Associate
Some articles I've read say for the TV center to be marginally higher than eye level for the "cinematic experience."
Even though in a lot of cinemas you can be at almost any level to the screen!
Our 65" TV has been around eye level for the best part of a year on a stand, am hoping to mount to the wall shortly after decorating so was looking in to it. Will probably look to raise it a tad, partly to allow clearance for the center speaker on the cabinet underneath. It'll be around 12ft away so not exact going to get any neck ache.
Personal preference at the end of the day.

Soldato
Mounted centre of tv slightly above eye level. Eyes rest looking straight on About 1/3 from bottom TV.

Had it mounted higher on the wall which did look nicer relative to ceiling, but bringing it down means neck is in a neutral position.

But yeah it's all about feels natural for you.

Caporegime
Wow the special is strong in this one, it needs be at the height that is comfortable for you to view at.....

pretty much this.

if you have a massive house having it high up eye level at standing is fine.

if you live in a small house then lower down would be more suitable.

it depends a lot on the room and the house. so unless you provide us pics of the room we cannot tell you where it should be.

Soldato
Was always told eye level should be somewhere in the middle third of the screen, ideally at the bottom of the mid third so as above gives more of a cinematic experience.

As for sticking it up high to keep it away from the kids, just teach your kids not to act like monsters trashing everything. :p

Soldato
When I go into rooms with large tvs mounted really high and high and angled downwards in the lounge / living room . I walk out and leave the property immediately. Its a bit like people who own iPhones and can't see beyond thier own arrogance and do what other do just because.

Soldato
Rather than risk uncomfortable neck rick, I think, with young children I'd be placing a low cabinet in front of the screen, or, just accidental damage insurance cover on the tv.
is one of those polycarbonate protecting sheet on lower section of tv going to be real distracting.

But, yes, I see my neighbours with them pinned up high and wonder why.

Back
Top Bottom