How late is too late for a night out

Associate
So something occurred to me this evening and that was just how late is too late for a night out when asked to join a friend or friends?

In my early to mid twenties it was quite common for us on some Friday or Saturday evenings to start night outs as late as midnight and in some cases even as late as 1am, with pre-drinks of course, and although admittedly when this did happen it was mostly down to a very disorganised friend whom took forever but as a group we still thought nothing of starting an evening this late.

This evening at 11:30pm I was asked to join someone in town for drinks and whilst I am certainly in the mood for it and I think I'd really enjoy it the thought of getting on a bus for 40 mins and the faff involved at this time of night has somewhat put me off, firstly am I now realising that I'm getting too old for this ****?? and secondly just how late is too late to think screw it and join friends having a drink.

I know it's more difficult as people get older and have kids etc, however I am in a long term relationship with no kids and the other half is away this weekend so should I be embracing this and getting on with a night out or is the comfort of home and time of night a valid thing?

Man of Honour
In my experience people tended to either gather at around 7-8pm "pre-drinks" at some bar/pub then move onto the clubs around 9-10pm or catch up with the crowd around 9-10pm as people moved to the clubs - only the odd person would drop in later and usually before midnight.

Soldato
Never got this going out late thing. It's a waste of a night. I was in the pub by 8pm when I used to go out, and if it happened I was still in the house at 10pm then no way would I be heading out then, even in my early 20's.

I don't think 18 to 21 year olds these days go out at all do they? Certainly not to pubs that's why they are all closing down.

Soldato
Depends, 11:30 when I'm stone cold sober then no can't be bothered with that as everyone is going to be far more "merry" than me.

11:30 and I'm already in the "mood" then maybe but past experience tells me that joining late usually means a rubbish night.

Caporegime
As long as I can be bothered, it's never too late. Very rarely go out before 12, with a few hours predrinks but it's still a good 4 or 5 hours out at the places we go though.

Caporegime
As a student some people would.think that meet at 11-11:30 for a drink before hitting a club.just too late but i understand that I could work.

These days 7pm or so. With a family and kids 9pm is often bedtime

Soldato
I normally go out somewhere between 11.30pm and 12.30am and straight to a night club
Years ago everyone I knew and myself used to go out around 8pm but it completely changed these days..

Think the main reason for the change these days is that drinks in pubs cost far to much so people just drink at home first and then go to town afterwards..

But I have no interest in drinking at home (Feels completely boring)..

Last edited:
Associate
Too late mate, it will **** your whole weekend. When we waste 48 hours a week at work, it makes the other time to precious to get completely Blotto and not remember.

Caporegime
I heard like 1am was the hip time to head out so I like to shake it up a bit. Probably go out at 6am, maybe some drinks at this club you've never heard of and wouldn't be allowed into if you had, before some pre-pre drinks at Alfies. Then pre-drinks at 8am - we're probably in Zoom bar - for actual drinks at 11am in Berliner! where we'll have an appetiser which passes for dinner. Then on to a club (I like Cindy's Boufant right now) for post-drinks and cultural exchanges before post-post drinks - Smash bar is divine - and then to an after party for around 1pm.

Soldato
7pm. Need my hot chocolate before bed. :cool::D:D

I'm 36 so i'm kidding. 9pm. ;) Last time I went out last week - met at 8, walked up town so in town for about 8:30, skint by 11pm so kebab and come home lol.
Other people have kids etc so can't be back mega late which sucks asi'd be up for 2-3am assuming I still have money.

Although I got hooked on this new cocktail nearby - salted caramel vodka and apple juice. I don't like apple juice but that is a seriously nice drink! thinks it's the salted caramel which just changes it and makes it lush!

Associate
In the UK, I think I used to head out about 8, but rarely be out past 1am or so. Over here, more like 10-12. No licensing laws, so just til... Whenever. I avoid clubs though :p

Soldato
I used to head out as early as 6pm some nights and the latest we ever used to head out was 8pm.

I guess it would depend on who was asking if it would be worth going out late as I would be stone sobar and others would be plastered already lol.

Soldato
We used to pre drink from around 3pm until 11pm-midnight and then head out, wouldn't get back until 6am some nights.. didn't get home until 3am last night :o

Man of Honour
I heard like 1am was the hip time to head out so I like to shake it up a bit. Probably go out at 6am, maybe some drinks at this club you've never heard of and wouldn't be allowed into if you had, before some pre-pre drinks at Alfies. Then pre-drinks at 8am - we're probably in Zoom bar - for actual drinks at 11am in Berliner! where we'll have an appetiser which passes for dinner. Then on to a club (I like Cindy's Boufant right now) for post-drinks and cultural exchanges before post-post drinks - Smash bar is divine - and then to an after party for around 1pm.

This sums up my entire attitude towards this subject :D

Back
Top Bottom