• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How log till MSRP ?

Soldato
Well I certainly can't afford to game at 4k. It's only fair to assume that 4k gamers, on average, have more money.

Which circles back to the steam survey - 67% of games have 1080p

CuriousTomCat said:
1080p is such a basic, budget, low cost resolution.

Its what 2 out of every 3 gamers use. So thats the market you aim for. Donest matter if you think its `basic, budget, low cost` , its what the majority are using.

Soldato
Its what 2 out of every 3 gamers use. So thats the market you aim for. Donest matter if you think its `basic, budget, low cost` , its what the majority are using.
Those gamers don't spend nearly £400 on a GPU though and if they did then they would have moved off 1080p by now.

The market for this card is actually very small because how many want to pay £400 to game at 1080p? The fact that OCUK still has cards sat in stock shows this.

Soldato
Those gamers don't spend nearly £400 on a GPU though and if they did then they would have moved off 1080p by now.

The market for this card is actually very small because how many want to pay £400 to game at 1080p? The fact that OCUK still has cards sat in stock shows this.

Except they havent - just look at the steam survey. The market for this card is huge and growing. 1080p 120hz or higher. Only the elitist gamers want 4k or even 1440p. As for OCUk, they have a lot of the cards, gibbo said they had sold over 500 within a few days

Soldato
Except they havent - just look at the steam survey. The market for this card is huge and growing. 1080p 120hz or higher. Only the elitist gamers want 4k or even 1440p. As for OCUk, they have a lot of the cards, gibbo said they had sold over 500 within a few days

The reason the market for 1080p is growing is surely because the higher resolutions are getting too expensive? Last gen, I paid £200 for 1080p card. What are people on a similar budget supposed to do now? Increase that to £400 or drop to an even lower resolution?

This isn't progress. Technology has become stagnant. There's actually regression.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah there is a market for this card but priced at £400 it's only a small market as people at this end of the spectrum just won't overpay for hardware compared to those at the high end.

Associate
3060ti in stock for 630 lmao you got too be having a ******* laugh, now that stock is starting too arrive and not sell out in seconds I hope the rrp finally sorts in self out in a month or two, no way in hell im paying 630 for a 3060ti lmao

Soldato

I dont agree only elitist gamers want 1440p and 4k. I was playing loads of games at those resolutions with a 2014 980 Ti, they just were not the very latest titles.
AC Origins 1440p, Batman games 4K, far cry 5 1440p, tomb raider games 1440p, Doom 2016 1440p and the list is endless.

Now i have a card that can do it with the very latest titles but that doesnt make me an elitist gamer for wanting that, i dont even have a gaming screen. Its a 60hz dell 1440p and a 4K 60hz TV

Soldato
I dont agree only elitist gamers want 1440p and 4k. I was playing loads of games at those resolutions with a 2014 980 Ti, they just were not the very latest titles.
AC Origins 1440p, Batman games 4K, far cry 5 1440p, tomb raider games 1440p, Doom 2016 1440p and the list is endless.

Now i have a card that can do it with the very latest titles but that doesnt make me an elitist gamer for wanting that, i dont even have a gaming screen. Its a 60hz dell 1440p and a 4K 60hz TV

The Nvidia website itself describes your 980 Ti as "the flagship GPU of the NVIDIA Maxwell™ architecture, with unbeatable 4K performance and optimised for immersive virtual reality experiences, it really was king of the hill."

That`s as elitist as anyone can get.

Soldato
The Nvidia website itself describes your 980 Ti as "the flagship GPU of the NVIDIA Maxwell™ architecture, with unbeatable 4K performance and optimised for immersive virtual reality experiences, it really was king of the hill."

That`s as elitist as anyone can get.

Not in 2021 mate, elitist games now consider that an old txxd gpu so i dont understand you point really sorry

Soldato
Oh so you bought it used for a budget price then? Sorry my mistake.

Yes £195 used, and the one before that used and the one before that used. Im not elitist anything.
To me an elitist gamer upgrades every 12 months with all the latest and greatest everything,
I have had two CPU`s since 2012, a 2nd gen intel and then an 8th gen intel.

Associate
Heard a throwaway comment on the latest Jayz2Cents video that it was looking like things wouldn't return to normal until 2023......he just kind of said it quickly then moved on but that's a pretty scary prospect!

Back
Top Bottom