How long do dell normally take?

Soldato
Ah thats cool.

Swe.. Me neither ;)

My person was called vijaya, and she reassured me she'd given me the best price, but about 5 times of me going "nah, I'm gonna go check out" to her going "noo!! please my deal is very good, you have the thirty seventy-two ram, remote, laptop," etc made her reduce it a bit more :p

And I would have laughed very hard if they had gone "no it's still in pre production, so we cancelled for you" :p

Really want it now!

This computer's 1ghz athlon, 256mb ram and a gf3 have never really annoyed me, but now parting with the money for something that can bitchslap apps into working faster, but having nothing to show for it is hard!

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Brilliant. My order has been pushed back to the 24th :mad: I now have only 15 days to find a new good laptop. Is dell outlet just a case of them delivery what is in your cart? i.e. they don't need to build it?

can i cancel and get all my money back?

Last edited:
Associate
Brilliant. My order has been pushed back to the 24th :mad: I now have only 15 days to find a new good laptop. Is dell outlet just a case of them delivery what is in your cart? i.e. they don't need to build it?

I ordered a studio 17 from the outlet on the 27th August and it was delivered yesterday (4th Sept), so just over a week.

Soldato

How many times do you need to ask? :confused:

how long do outlet laptops take? Is it just a case of them delivering them?

Ordered mine late (~11pm) on Thursday 21th Aug, arrived Friday 29th Aug (note Monday 25th was a bank holiday).

I spoke to soon :) Mine turned up at my UK address today, woohoo! need to get it shipped over to Denmark now lol! (live in DK, need a brit spec laptop!) So, not to bad, order placed on the 27th and arrived on 4th.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17915243

Just to reiterate - delivery takes about a week, systems are prebuilt, there's no way of customising them and I have no idea about your refund.

Permabanned
OP
How many times do you need to ask? :confused:

Until somebody asked tbh. There wasn't any studio 15's that appealed to me on the outlet, so i went to the land of purple shirts and got a toshiba satellite p300 156, and i must say, i'm incredibly happy. While i was there is saw an overpriced studio, and it looked a bit tacky to me, so i'm quite glad dell forced me to cancel the order :)

also glad i got 17" over 15" as i now have a dedicated numpad which is brilliant :D

Soldato
DELIVERY STAGE ^_^ :D

:eek: :cool:

edit: if the delivery guys are relatively speedy (touch wood) then it should get here well before the 17th :D Went from Pre-production -> delivery in one day!

Last edited:
Associate
Got my laptop about an hour or so ago now, all I can say is wow.

The build quality is excellent, and just played css on max settings and was smooth throughout (a big change against my old athlon xp machine). The machine itself is quick and very responsive, got the t8100 and 4 gigs of ram.

Just thought I'd let you know:)

Soldato
Damn this thing is speedy! Really loving it so far - no faults! :D

Gonna take pictures possibly later.. struggling to transfer music etc off my old pc as it's only USB1.0 so very slow! :p

Downloading the COD4 demo to see how it fares.

Soldato
Kl, what specs have you got mate?

Just ordered mine. Not an epic price, but I think I got a reasonable discount.

Studio 15
Standard screen
T5750
3GB
ATI 3450 mobility
250gb hd
Bluetooth
Wireless
Topo pattern + red trim
Backlit Keyboard
Media Remote
works + word
and a 3yr warranty thrown in.

For £637, so it saves a bit of money over ordering on the internet. She didn't want to budge much and wouldn't throw in extras without reducing the discount.

What spec you got Jonny? I've had a couple of days with my Studio 17 now and i'm really impressed. Little bit of keyboard flex but nothing unusual, no dead pixels, speakers are a little weak but the 3D effect is good. Quite a bit of Dell bloat so i'm gonna reinstall this weekend. I was going to wait till I'd managed to get a 64bit DVD from Dell but by that time i'll have get everything installed and setup how i like it to will be reluctant to format. Maybe next time ;)

Soldato
Hmm.. On mostly full at 1280x800 it's pretty laggy, although playable. 1024x768 is pretty much fine though, although i haven't tried turning off things like dynamic lights, glow and depth of field yet though.

The Backlit keyboard is awesome. As are the touch buttons. The remote should come in useful too.

Loving vista also - very slick.

Temps aren't even close to hot to the touch.

Quite like messing around with the dell webcam program.. it's got some face recognition thing, so the "morphs" move with your face, or you can add moustaches etc.. probabs gonna have some comedy drunk times with that.

I've just about got all my programs sorted to how I like them too.

Only complaint is the speakers may as well not be there - they're unusable. There isn't even enough bass for say a pop song.. all you hear is treble :/ shame. Although I've got headphones which sound lovely with it, so that's ok I guess.

Overall it's quality!

Associate
I've got the the studio 15 with the T8100 cpu, 4 gigabytes of ram and the ati 3450 and I'm loving it.

Just about to try the cod4 demo too georges, Ill get back to you with my results.

Soldato
I imagine they'll be much better than mine, unless the GPU is limiting it.

I'd definitely say it would be playable with lower settings - I wasn't having any troubles with the settings although the framerate wasn't setting the world alight :p Online wouldn't work like that though.

Also, just to add, there is keyboard flex if you type hard (only around the F key really), but it's not noticeable unless you look for it.

I'll probably put pics up tomorrow, going out in a second.

Back
Top Bottom