How long do dell normally take?

Associate
if then it must be with u by now...

my edd is 4 niv...but the phase has complete and its in transit between dell company and theit delivery partner, i just rung them both to track my order as i couldnt find mine on track abd trace...

dell said the delivery partner would get the parcel in next few days..and my parcell will be with me on 29th as it take 4 working days for them since the end of phase 5 to deliver.

why dont u contact them again?

Associate
if then it must be with u by now...

my edd is 4 niv...but the phase has complete and its in transit between dell company and theit delivery partner, i just rung them both to track my order as i couldnt find mine on track abd trace...

dell said the delivery partner would get the parcel in next few days..and my parcell will be with me on 29th as it take 4 working days for them since the end of phase 5 to deliver.

why dont u contact them again?

I have just contacted them and they have cancelled my order because the router i ordered is out of stock :mad::mad::mad: V P!$$£d at the mo. After complaing i got transferred around 4 different people and then pass back to the same idiot who told me my order was cancelled!!! finally spoke to someone who is going to try and process my order with out the router.

Associate
I have just contacted them and they have cancelled my order because the router i ordered is out of stock :mad::mad::mad: V P!$$£d at the mo. After complaing i got transferred around 4 different people and then pass back to the same idiot who told me my order was cancelled!!! finally spoke to someone who is going to try and process my order with out the router.

Ouch, I can't believe you are still waiting four weeks after I last posted here. Seriously, I would not bother re-ordering from Dell, they don't deserve your custom. If I recall, you had bought 2 x 15" Studios hadn't you?

The spec of the Studio's isn't that unique imo, I'm sure you could get an equivalent from a different manufacturer for a similar price - for example a Sony Vaio FW11.

Associate
Ouch, I can't believe you are still waiting four weeks after I last posted here. Seriously, I would not bother re-ordering from Dell, they don't deserve your custom. If I recall, you had bought 2 x 15" Studios hadn't you?

The spec of the Studio's isn't that unique imo, I'm sure you could get an equivalent from a different manufacturer for a similar price - for example a Sony Vaio FW11.

Ye i ordered 2 x 15". spent 4 hours on the phone complaining on friday and managed to get through to somebody who knows what they are doing and they have told me is i should have them within 10 days? but we shall see.

I thing which annoyed me the most is that they cancelled the whole order just because the £25 router was not in stock. :mad:

Associate
Just had email confirmation and i should have both laptops by the 12th of November. I know its 2 weeks but i have already waited 9 so 2 more will be ok. fingers crossed.

Associate
still waiting for mine..it will be here with me tomaro ;) amaru wasup wit you? ..true 9week is more than pain..might be it made u feel numb bow for 2 weeks...

mine took 2 weeks and 1 day. the 1 day is tomarow

Associate
What the...

Oh my goodness - waiting for confirmation of my new Dell laptop, I got the following email:-
We’re unable to process your Dell Order XXX-XXX-XXXX as the following part is unavailable:
No Camera Included
It then goes on to give me two options, either upgrade to the Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera for £40 or cancel the order.

What on earth.. how can you be out of stock of "No Camera Included" ! Has anyone seen this before ?

Associate
Fair enough - but you obviously have the patience of a saint ;)

Lol :) I think i must have to wait this long :D

Oh my goodness - waiting for confirmation of my new Dell laptop, I got the following email:-
We’re unable to process your Dell Order XXX-XXX-XXXX as the following part is unavailable:
No Camera Included
It then goes on to give me two options, either upgrade to the Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera for £40 or cancel the order.

What on earth.. how can you be out of stock of "No Camera Included" ! Has anyone seen this before ?

The way DELL deal with orders is shocking, the system they user is absolute cr:mad:p.

Associate
Update:-

Dell had re done my order, just checked the status and one has a EDD of the 12/11/08 and the other has just hit delivery prep and i should have by the end of the week hopefully. Finally starting to get somewhere :D

Update 2:-

Just checked the status and both are on Delivery prep, yipeeeeeeeee :D;):p

Claudy hows yours going??

Last edited:
Associate
hey all..

i have recived mine (studio 17) yesterday its really cool, i liked the matte finish it so smooth and the screen is wow tooo wide and colour full, the main thing i like about dell is the screen always.

i saw a girl's hp laptop once and i gave her a wallpaper of a puppy but it looked so dull in her laptop but was so colour full in my dell desktop, and now this studio beats everthing,

i really wanted to take a pic of my laptop but what to do my camera was broken before a week :(

i couldnt stop looking at my studio 17 nor cant stop typing..and the qwerty backlit is soo cool

only probs i am having now is i couldnt able to conect to my wireless straight away, i know its not the problem with the dell my bro tried connecting it to someone else's wireless it dose connect with it but not ours..now am sharing my net through our pc

Associate
Looking to get a new 15" laptop soon but can't decide between a studio 15 or a 1530. Is there really much difference between them apart from the graphics card ?

I'd be using it for photoshop, 3dmax and maybe the odd bit of gaming such as cod4 and ut3.

Associate
Just been called both laptops are being delivered wednesday the 5th november, finally my 10 week wait is over!!! :D;):p:cool:

wow cool...i know what u feel...anywas...all the best..

mine is still running cool its been a week...you know what i dropped my studio 17 accidently...:(

it has slipped out of my lap and fell on the floor just 1 foot hight i belive between 1-2 foot high..am heart brokken, i nver want it to fall..or even get a srach...actully my sleeve will be getting deliverd tomarow as i bought on earlier and it didnt fit it i mean the crumpler grimp 17...

:( so so so sad...i do have 2 year accidental cover..but still this one got only a tiney breakage..and the side of the screen's frame.. :(

awww...

Associate
wow cool...i know what u feel...anywas...all the best..

mine is still running cool its been a week...you know what i dropped my studio 17 accidently...:(

it has slipped out of my lap and fell on the floor just 1 foot hight i belive between 1-2 foot high..am heart brokken, i nver want it to fall..or even get a srach...actully my sleeve will be getting deliverd tomarow as i bought on earlier and it didnt fit it i mean the crumpler grimp 17...

:( so so so sad...i do have 2 year accidental cover..but still this one got only a tiney breakage..and the side of the screen's frame.. :(

awww...

How unlucky are you ? Does the lappy still function ok?

On a plus today is the day just waiting for that phone call from the Mrs to let me know they are here :D;):p

Associate
The laptops are lovely, Screen is so clear its awesome, nice and fast i would say it was worth the wait but i think 10 week to wait for anything is crazy. I would recommend the laptops though.:D

Associate
The laptops are lovely, Screen is so clear its awesome, nice and fast i would say it was worth the wait but i think 10 week to wait for anything is crazy. I would recommend the laptops though.:D

TRUE TRUE TRUE!! dell has the most awsome screens ever...i hope u read my previous comment about the dell screen compared to other brands.

nice to hear about the 10 week wait as i do know the pain of 3 week pain yours is 10 weeks...

well my cuite laptop is working fine, only thing was my mind couldnt take it i mean the accidental fall but tat was myfault :( actually my baby wanted me to play him some cartoon on laptop and he was really sad for few days when i didnt let him use it taht was because i was updating all the sft on my laptop and i didnt want him to mess it but baby couldnt understand he is just 2 and a half. but serious he is a genious bundle he know how to use the PC all the basics except typing himself, he is just learing his ABCs but he dose got o youtube on his own i saved the links he use on favorites so he knows how to clik them and all so he does them all by his own.

so back to the story..he was sad i didnt let him do anythign with the laptop but i did allow him now, after i finished witht he updating and uploading. so he was at the edge of the bed trying to get over the bed i had the laptop in my lap it hought he is hurt by thinking i am having laptop to my slef and not leting him use it, it hoguht i should not let him feel bad , so when the optiond comes baby or laptop my prefrence is to the baby than the laptop so i tried to pick him up while laptop in my lap but my shkirt was silky..and it slipped:|

thats the story...anyways other than the little break at the frame which is noticeable only with a zoomer lense...its working perfect its a lesson not to be careless...lols...

now its stiing cossy in 2 sleeves 1st layer crumpler which is qualit and durable but tight....then the belkin :) as 2nd layer

Back
Top Bottom