How long does Clear Lacquer take to dry?

Soldato
Ive just finished respraying my centre console and was just wondering if anyone knew how long it took for the lacquer to completly dry?

Last layer of lacquer want on at about 5pm if that makes any differance.

Thanks everyone :D

Im thinking the lacquer need to fully harden? Would that take abit longer than 15mins?

I dont wanna fit it into the car and something go buggar up.

you'll be alright as long as its not taking any sharp knocks :)
dont polish it or spray any cleaner on it for a while though say around a week and that will ensure 100% hardened

Cellulose lacquer never truly hardens tbh. I've got some which has been on for months and it's still soft enough that you can put a deep scratch in just with your finger nail. For me Halfords lacquer gets 0/10, absolute crap.

Halford lacquer is rather poor, i used about 5 coats of it on some wheels i refurbished, and stone chips were appearing not long after, and they were left to harden for a couple of days too :(

Cellulose lacquer never truly hardens tbh. I've got some which has been on for months and it's still soft enough that you can put a deep scratch in just with your finger nail. For me Halfords lacquer gets 0/10, absolute crap.

*******, just bought some today lol.

Havent used it yet, just primed my fog covers so urm, what lacquer should I get?

Back
Top Bottom