How long does it take you to get to the Cinema?

Caporegime
Me and my Wife have an Odeon limitless card, but the cinema is a 25 minute drive away, in another town.

I had an aborted trip yesterday, which got me thinking, who here has the longest regular trip to the cinema? 25 minutes each way isn't too bad but there must be a point it's not worth going?

Last edited:
it takes me about 30 mins to drive there (cinama is in middle of southend town centre, so its going to be crowded with junkies)

another 20 mins to park somewhere safe

then another 10 mins to walk from car park to cinama

almost about an hour, but it feels like 100 years from home to cinema

The Victoria car park is right near the cinema and is perfectly safe and fairly reasonable.

Slightly off topic: Many people in these forums mention this type of thing as a reason for not going to the cinema, and I never really understand.

I would say I probably go 3-5 times a year in the last 10 years (in Spain) and maybe 10 times a year before that (in the UK) for at least 15 years. Exclusively in London, but I don't recall anything other than:

Clapping and Whooping sometimes when Credits roll at the beginning for big films (usually on the 1st day the film is released) and maybe laughing at jokes when appropriate. Beyond that I don't really recognise people making noise or playing with their phones. I mean why, if you paid good money to sit in the cinema for 2 hours?

Is this an outside London thing or a last 10 years thing?

rp2000
I very rarely see/hear any problems as well, but we often go on a quiet weeknight.

More of an issue is a dirty mark on one of the odeon screens that has been there for months (Chelmsford screen 3) and it bugs the **** out of me so I try and avoid that screen.

Surely these things can be cleaned?

Back
Top Bottom