How long until we have our first major AI controversey in the UK?

Soldato
I just read the following article.

And whilst I take the article at face value plainly once positions harden people don't always change there mind when presented with evidence to the contrary. I was just wondering how long until we truely or falsely have a major incident in the UK where someone uses AI wither to commit a major fraud on the public or as an excuse for some percieved wrongdoing? I'm also wondering if it has alrady happned without us notcing.

I've had a lot of fun with midjourney making images and a microsoft product at work has been useful for finding badly stored and collated data. But the risks of AI are plainly moving much faster than society's ability to come to terms with them. I mean social media has been around for more than a decade and we still haven't as a society come to terms with bad actors poisoning the well of public discourse.

Thought there already was one with AI art :D

Google made theirs too "woke", so of course it started drawing black nazis. It's hilarious.
Yes I suppose that counts although I'm not sure it committed a fraud as such or similar. I'm waiting for the fake picture or recording that causes a storm. Or rather I'm worried about it what it night be.

Already been fake AI videos pretending to be Sadiq Khan etc.. not a question of when lol
I'm not suggesting it isn't already happening but I can't say I'm aware of a major UK controversey yet. The divisiveness of modern political discourse makes me think some lone bad actor will get lucky with something sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom