How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Just wondered as the last thread asking threw up a few people who dont post a lot in motors.
What are your experiences /niggles [other than fuel consumption] as we all know how crap that is?

What mods are you running if any?

Associate
Had mine since January - Done 8000 miles in it. Hasn't skipped a beat, fantastic to drive & awesome sound.

OK there's the obvious cost of doing 8000 miles in 5 months in a car that averages mid 20's MPG wise but its worth it.

Even on the owners clubs haven't seen much in the way of common issues

Associate
I had an ST500, only mod was Dreamscience. Loved it..

IMG_0130.jpg

Soldato
OP
I've had mine since last feb and nothing has gone wrong so far !!

Mods done so far:

lowered
mountuned

Was going to put mine in for the Mountune treatment, ended up going another route, did like the thought of keeping the warranty though until i had a go in a friends ST running 300BHP, Insane!

Associate
Been enjoying the ST for 2.5 years now, no real problems at all. Regular servicing is important as it is with any car. I do the oil every 6k myself or the local garage who charge £40 then a full service every 12k at Profile automotive in Stockport who are excellent and very well recommended by the owners club.

Car has done 75K now, running completely standard, no mods at all. 18 months ago I attended a RR at Northalerton with the Yorkshire STOC group and got 245 BHP on super unleaded when it had about 60K on it. A guy with a brand new ST with 9K only got 230 BHP so make of that what you will.

People think the fuel usage is pretty bad but it depends what you are used to. Ours is the only car so we do about 18K a year maybe more and average 25 MPG Mostly dual carrigeways and North Yorkshire B roads :D

The buyers guide in the back of Evo this month is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom