How many Hard drives can this system have?

Soldato
OP
Keep in mind many modern cases have dual purpose 3.5 or 2.5 bays and it means you can only use one, i.e. if you place 2x 3.5 drives in the available bays, then you'd only have 1x bay left for a 2.5 SSD.

If you buy a prebuild you'd also need to be aware that it needs a SATA power connector if you're plugging these drives in yourself and I don't know how many spare modular cables OCUK supply with these builds.
I do have spare sata cables plus i would be using the current cables. I have 2 x 3.5 drives and 1 2.5 ssd whihc would be kept in the current system.

Soldato
OP
The manual shows mounting points for three of either type, although it's not specific as to how well they might mix & match.
If you need more, you can usually find ways of adding extra 3½" HDD and especially 2½" SSDs, as the latter don't care which way up they go. Pretty much anywhere you can screw or cable-tie the drives to. Unused fan grilles are a good example.

SATA data cables, or SATA power cables?
If the latter, you may find they're not suitable for this PSU, even if they're of the same brand, as the pinouts can differ and you risk shorting/breaking/blowing up components.

Your only real limit is the number of SATA power cables available and SATA data ports on the motherboard, which I cannot immediately identify from the shop photos, but looks to also have a second M.2 slot if you still need further space. If you don't have enough SATA power cables, you could look to the USBs on the mobo I/O panel and those on the case itself, which can instead facilitate the HDD/SSDs in external enclosures. I don't know if eSATA is still a thing, but I believe that would offer a similar, faster external option if you have such ports.
There's only one cable connecting my drives to current mobo if that helps

Back
Top Bottom