How many more deaths must we endure....

Associate
all over our visors and leathers!!

Was out last night coming back from Glasgow and oh my god i could hardly see by time i got home with the amount of dead insects all over the visor. Not to mention all over me!

Is there anything that you can get to put on ur leathers etc that makes the mess easier to shift?

Associate
I always carry muc-off visor cleaner (small squirty bottle) and a microfibre cloth on the bike.

Usually clean my visor every fuel stop or if its gets too much then pull over.

God knows how many have ended up in my eyes nose and mouth and clog up the air vents in my lid, they are evil ! ;):D

Associate
I always carry muc-off visor cleaner (small squirty bottle) and a microfibre cloth on the bike.
Same. The little bottle is small enough to hide in underseat storage so one stays with the bike.

Is there anything that you can get to put on ur leathers etc that makes the mess easier to shift?
I dunno about that but nikwax leather cleaner plus a soft scrubbing brush usually sorts the mess out.

Soldato
I managed to ride the entire 300-ish miles on last weekend’s Brecon ride without having to clean my visor once :D Oddly, even though I was lead bike for about 85% of the trip, they seemed to avoid me and go for the next guy – guess they were bored of bouncing off a shoei and wanted a shark; seriously, he had to clean his visor about 5 times due to massive hits in the centre lol.

Associate
I dont get that many - I also have that muc-off stuff and a cloth I can stick under my seat (dont rate it tho, glasses cleaner from opticians works just as well and is easier to use)

What I have had is being hit by a bumble bee and felling like i was knee-capped, them buggers are big!

Associate
I always use baby wipes (the ones with lanolin) on my leathers to get the carnage off , works great ;)

Isn't lanolin the stuff in sheep's wool? Apparently if you're hiking and your feet hurt a bit of sheep wool helps to reduce the pain. Though you'll probably have sheep wee and poo on your foot then too.

ANYWAY yes, I used to carry a couple of cloths and that was it. I think microfibre would be better, with that magic cleaner stuff.

Soldato
When will the carnage end? I went over a mates to watch the game this afternoon - Ipswich to Braintree. 33 miles. I had to clean the visor after arriving, and this was the visor after the trip back. Now, assuming that the insects were not feeling suicidal after the football result, they do really need to look where they're going...

Soldato
I once rode to hemel hempstead via backroads to see my dad, one trip. When I got to him, I had my visor up because I could not see a single thing, every several miles I rode through a swarm of bugs... Annoying but funny at the same time lol.

ags

Soldato
I got hit by one the other night, smack-bang in the middle of the forehead area – make me laugh when I saw it though, it was a proper concertina affect – the fly still had its general shape and both wings intact :D

Back
Top Bottom