How Much Bleed is too Much?

Associate
Seems to be quite a lot.
I would try to return as no longer needed if within the 14 days of receipt depending on the shop’s policies.
But yours seems to be quite bad.
Only time I ever had as much and returned it with a blink was a VA panel. Expensive and was rubbish.

Associate
OP
Yeah its a VA panel obviously M32UC, but my old benq was also VA and was nowhere near as bad as this. I hate making a fuss and returning things, but it stings paying £600 and it being off.

Always hard to judge from a photo as you can expose it so a completely fine monitor looks awful.

If you can see it on black bars during a movie I'd send it back.
That's the problem, it shows up in the films the most. I can even see it on my black homescreen.
It is hard to get the photo right though, it does tend to make it look worse overall.

Not having much luck monitor wise, just returned an IPS for pixel problems and thought i'd go VA again (the IPS's contrast was horrible after my old VA). The Vesa mount connection on the back of this one doesn't fit my arm either. It's a small square on the back and mine is quite a thick x-shape. Both vesa 100 though, so seems like poor design.

Associate
That's unacceptable for me, personally. I would not see it if I was using the monitor mainly for computing/gaming... but I would still KNOW that it's there, and I'm the type that won't be happy if I know something I don't like is there.

Caporegime
Yeah its a VA panel obviously M32UC, but my old benq was also VA and was nowhere near as bad as this. I hate making a fuss and returning things, but it stings paying £600 and it being off.

That's the problem, it shows up in the films the most. I can even see it on my black homescreen.
It is hard to get the photo right though, it does tend to make it look worse overall.

Not having much luck monitor wise, just returned an IPS for pixel problems and thought i'd go VA again (the IPS's contrast was horrible after my old VA). The Vesa mount connection on the back of this one doesn't fit my arm either. It's a small square on the back and mine is quite a thick x-shape. Both vesa 100 though, so seems like poor design.
OLED time.

Back
Top Bottom