How much did you spend on your bed?

My 10 year old ~£700 double bed is due for replacement.
I want something comfier bed to get some better rest.

I walked into Dreams and Bensons, thinking I could get a Super King bed (excluding headboard) for ~£1000-£1200 (Divan). It looks like I need to spend double that for something decent. The cheap mattresses are crap! The mattress alone can be upwards of £1500.

How much did my fellow OcUKers spend on their bed?

I also expect some entertaining comments as this is GD :).

Associate
I guess quality is always subjective but I'm currently shopping for a new bed and I can find plenty of decent divan beds(2000 pocket springs) for £800.
We've always had Healthbeds and been happy with them.

Soldato
Just got a new dreams bed, it had to be a zip and link due the the height of the ceilings in our dorma. It was £1699 in the sale down from £2200 and that is without a head board, that was another £675.00 lol. I have to say it is brilliant and so comfy. It is a super king size.

Soldato
A slight risk but find the type/style you want then order very similar online, ideally direct from the manufacturer, that's what I did.

Memory foam is the best! Although there's something newer these days, gel I think?

Soldato
uh no ,dont pay for stuff like that hence im long ago mortgage free,the frame was freecycle (metal and oak)and the memory foam mattress still wrapped and free on gumtree

IMG-20200307-212515-1.jpg

Soldato
Look on Facebook buy/sell/swap sites
Saw a solid pine bed for free on my local one literally few hours ago
I wouldn't get a 2nd hand mattress
But the actual bed can't see why not
As long as the place isn't a dump
When you get there lol
It's surprising how many bits of large
Furniture people give away free

Caporegime
Just LOL if you don't have your bed custom made from trees and other materials which you have personally selected to be handcrafted by Brian, yes the Brian, who then crafts everything exactly as you like - minimalist headboard, layered underpinnings, probably oak outpoints - and then lies with you while you check it for quality and life enhancements over the period of between 3 and 9 months.

Noobs.

Soldato
I've literally spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on my bed. I bought my current home and my holiday home while sitting on or in my bed, and have also purchased a significant number of other items too, especially from Amazon.

Soldato
uh no ,dont pay for stuff like that hence im long ago mortgage free,the frame was freecycle (metal and oak)and the memory foam mattress still wrapped and free on gumtree

Sound advice, cheap out on the thing you spend around 8 hours per day laying on. :rolleyes:

We bought a Simba mattress for around £700. Worth every penny for us. A decent mattress is something you can't really put a price on, your back will thank you.

Back
Top Bottom