Poll: How much do you spend on video subscriptions per month (Sky/Netflix/Prime/D+/HBO etc)?

How much do you spend monthly on video content?

• Total voters
Caporegime
I don't spend that much (I think), but was just curious about other forumites.

Keep it simple, just how much you spend with some rough MONTHLY breakdown. Try not to turn the thread into "I don't pay cos blah blah blah" please ;)

Netflix: 17.99
Disney+: 7.49 (89.90 per year)
Prime: 4.16 (49.99 per year)

Total : 29.64 a month

100% planning to get rid of Netflix once it hits 19.99 (sometime in 2024). Dabbled with HBO Max and Showtime earlier this year, but cancelled both after a couple of months.

rp2000

Last edited by a moderator:
tv license + prime, not rly sure how much that is monthly

I'll bin off the tv license as soon as that's legal.

I may bin off prime, it's getting worse over time.

I binned off Netflix a while back when it got too woke and the price was going up, haven't missed it.

OP(ost) should mention tv license, it defo counts and probably most ppl pay it.
Only on OcUK is TV license such a big deal :D. It didn't immediately come to mind tbh!

My question really was about what you pay on top of the license fee (assuming everyone pays it). But then again, a few posters will live outside the UK (like me) where there is no such thing!

rp2000

Gonna have to change my vote as the D+ price goes from 89.90 to 119.90 euros next month.

At 10 euros a month it's still better value than Apple TV+ but it's a steep jump in price :(

rp2000

Cancelled Netflix last month. Saved 17.99 a month, but replaced with YouTube premium for 11.99.

Next month the price of Netflix is increasing to 19.99 in Spain! They say their users are watching 2 hours per day on average in their latest earnings.

I was probably watching less than 10 hours a month when I cancelled.

rp2000

19.99!!!!

:cry:
Crazy.

Personally, I don't think any streaming service is worth $/£/€19.99. You should be able to get 2 good ones for that!

Edit: Excluding sports, I guess, after seeing the price of TNT Sports above!

rp2000

Last edited:
Alas. I have gotten into the mindset that "upgrading" isn't worth the money

A new oled (or whatever is best to buy now) is probably 1000 give or take.
Its not like I'm getting something I didn't have. I'm getting something a bit better.
I just can't justify 1k figures on stuff like that any more.
How big is the 1080p TV?

rp2000

Its a 46in old Panasonic plasma
A 55 inch OLED is going to be a huge upgrade over that and probably about £800 in black Friday! For movies and TV and F1 it's a no brainer. If you have an Xbox or PS5 it will also be a night and day difference.

Anyway.... Back on topic.

ro2000

Back
Top Bottom