How much for a cheap-ish power punching folding pc?

Soldato
as in title really, just wanted to slap a cheap-ish folding pc together for Folding@Home (obviously ;)) and other various tasks that require lots of computing power.

ive heard Xeon systems can be had rather cheap but im not sure how cheap. BillyTheImpaler maybe able to help ;)

cheers for any help,
naffa

Soldato
OP
BillytheImpaler said:
What would you like to do, sir? :D
well.. :D :p as you asked so nicely, i was hoping to join in with the OcUK Folding @ Home team, general Encoding activities such as video and audio encoding. also if SETI@HOME is still going then maybe look into getting involved in that :) i would hopefully have it on 24/7 so maybe use it as a file server as well.

cheers for your help.

EDIT: after looking at Amp's rig i really wana do this :D i got an old case i can duck tape some fans too and i havnt got a project atm so this could be interessting.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
im liking the sound of this :D two really overclockable CPU's.. with old stuff lying around such as case and fans.. :D and its all cheap as well!! :D

cheers for your help. i will have a look around.

thanks

Soldato
OP
thanks for all this guys :D

think i will be investing when i get ahold of some cash.. but it just seems too cheap to be true :confused:

but again, thanks very much for your help.

Back
Top Bottom