• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How much noise does your gpu make?

Associate
My asus rtx 2080 sounds like a hairdryer, it's more than 70db when I measure the noise with an app on my phone holding it close to the card under full load. At 50 cm away I get 40-50db. Is this normal? It is so loud. I read reviews, but I dont know how they measure noise. How much db noise do yours make up close? Listen to attachment, I really need your numbers, is the card behaving normally? Thanks a lot in advance.

Associate
My asus rtx 2080 sounds like a hairdryer, it's more than 70db when I measure the noise with an app on my phone holding it close to the card under full load. At 50 cm away I get 40-50db. Is this normal? It is so loud. I read reviews, but I dont know how they measure noise. How much db noise do yours make up close? Listen to attachment, I really need your numbers, is the card behaving normally? Thanks a lot in advance.
What's it's airflow like?

Soldato
My HD5770 makes a lot leads noise now since I cleaned out all the dust from around the heatsink (about 9 years worth).

I can't hear over my headphones when gaming whereas before I could as I had to run it at 80% to prevent it from overheating.

Permabanned
Yes it does seem too high. Simply the fans are running too fast, so I would suspect dust or lack of decent ventilation in the case. Alas I don't have a meter to check mine.

Soldato
My PSU makes more noise than my GPU powering my 35".

That also sounds odd lol. Modern PSU's are deadly quiet - their fan either doesn't spin or when it spins its like 400rpm and making just 20db. If your PSU is really noisy it might be working a tad hard

Back
Top Bottom