How much to charge for PC help

Associate
My dad has offered my help to one of his customers to get them a new PC and get them set up. I've given help to family, friends and neighbours before but never wanted to charge.

Has anyone got any idea what a reasonable fair price would be? Would it be best to go by the hour or just guessimate a single charge.

Also, how would you approach the subject of charging them? I've never met them so I would hope they aren't expecting to pay nothing, but I don't want to sound cheeky. I think that they just want someone trustworthy, like my dad, not like the purple shirted peeps.

Cheers

Associate
OP
Well, my dad is an agricultural contractor, so I'm guessing the people in need of help will be farmers. It will be a regulary desktop buy or build then install apps, possibly some file moving but i doubt they will have lots to move.

Any ideas on how to bring up the cost? I haven't worked in a freelance kind of way so I've never had to tell someone hom much IM going to cost them; it's gind of unnerving.

Cheers for the good stuff guys

Associate
OP
Cheers for the helps guys, very useful. Except to those moaning that theres a thread like this every week; who, by the way, I assume search the forums - not to mention google - endlessly before daring to post a question.

Back
Top Bottom