how much would this be worth? website/app related

i'm hoping this doesn't break the rules. i've built a website for myself which helps me run my cleaning business and i want to get your opinion on whether this has any resale value, and what that might be. this has been designed entirely for myself, but with relatively small work, could very easily be tailored to work for other companies.

it's best to think of this website more as an app which has a variety of sections tailored for my business. This "app" i access through my computer, phone, and tablet currently through any browser, but i hope soon to convert the front end into an app. it resizes and works perfectly on any screen as it was designed from the ground up to be used with touch devices.

this is designed for my cleaning company, where we do office cleaning, end of tenancy cleaning, spring cleaning, carpet cleaning, so i feel this is more the type of people that would want this, but it could work for gardening, removals, electricians etc.

at the moment the areas that i have set up for myself are:

quotes - I click on this which shows then what type of servie it is i'm quoting for, e.g. carpet cleaning or end of tenancy cleaning. this brings up a quote form with all the needed fields as wells as customer details section, so address, email, phone numbers etc. i can go through the form on my tablet when doing a site visit and instantly get a price for the customer. this then with 2 more clicks can be booked in, with confirmation being emailed instantly to the customer, and could even text the customer too.

bookings - stores all the information for past and future bookings. great as i can easily search for previous customer jobs, search by name, address, post code, month etc, as well as clearly see what's ahead. i'd like to make it so this can create calendar entries automatically for the major online calendar providers like google calendar.

staff - this stores employees names and basic details like emergency contact, as well as their times. this can be set up for regular repeat staff shifts, so you would say for instance, in a week they work 3 days, mon, wed and fri. monday is 7 hours from 9am with 1 hour break, wednesday is 5 hours with no break, friday is 7 hours with 1 hour break etc. you can also input staff time off, so you can instantly see any time in the future what days staff are working and the hours they do in a month, or in previous months. you can also input bank staff hours. great for me as i have staff who do random days and times, so 6 hours one day, 7 the next.

staff can have their own login which allows them to see their hours only, and you can chose if they are allowed to submit times, which you then verify before they're added to the official time sheet for that month. they can also login to view site information if they're assigned to a customers site (see more in customers section)

to do list - i know there's many to do list apps on mobiles which can be accessed online, but i found they didn't allow things like multiple users to add to your list, categories, and urgency, as well as ordering by date to be done, who submitted etc. this works for me as staff used to for instance text me i need more of this supply which they can now submit themselves. i login to this apps home page and i'm alerted of urgent tasks, i'm emailed etc. much better for me that forces action.

customers - this section is the latest section i'm working on so a work in progress. but essentially, for me it's for the offices we clean. it stores all the information needed like supplies needed, tasks with frequency and date should be done, staff assigned to site and as we already know the shift staff is doing, this can be shown here who's working at this site and when.

prices - slightly different to quotes as this just displays prices for anything you input, so for me although i know my prices, if i wanted a staff member have the list of prices should they be asked to add on rooms to a job, they can easily get the latest most up to date prices from their phone, as well as deals we're currently offering.

i've attached a few images to show an idea of how it looks. this is also themeable and could be changed to company colours etc. as mentioned it resizes perfectly. i've chopped these images up from a desktop view, but on a mobile it resizes so it perfectly viewable from any device.

what do you guys think. is this something another company would pay for? i appreciate there may be some tweeks needed to make it slightly more user friendly. i've designed it with the idea that my staff can easily pick up a tablet, go to a customers house and do a quote, book it in, get all the info they need with very little training. this in my opinion is actually much easier than user paper as it's all automated, and stored ready to be access any time any where from any device.

tBNHV6T.jpg

8bVnjSH.jpg

WYwldsm.jpg.png

dxo2LAH.jpg

Soldato
Difficult thing with selling software isn't really the software itself, but the time and effort that needs to go into supporting it. Do you want to become an IT support company?

Maybe there is a local IT services company you could approach with a partnership? Let them sell/support it and you just take a slice.

Soldato
Difficult thing with selling software isn't really the software itself, but the time and effort that needs to go into supporting it. Do you want to become an IT support company?

This 100%. I'm not even selling software and have discovered this is what 99% of it is about :(.

I reckon people might buy it although there must be competition out there. I cant imagine something like this doesn't already have a leader in the market.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The software itself is worth nothing.

The support is what makes companies money.

Back
Top Bottom