How much would you pay for a VR game?

Associate
Hey guys, I worked on a game a little while back called Henry the Hamster Handler which recently went 50% off.
This has gotten me thinking, just how much should we be expected to pay for a VR game? I find many are often pricey considering they're usually quite short and we have already paid a lot just for the hardware. I'm curious as to how much you've all paid for the average VR game and whether it's been worth the value? What made it worth it/not worth it?

Associate
think the most i paid was 20quid for arizona sunshine, it being the most complete and polished game for the vive so far. i think it was worth the money.
however the vast majority are not so well done or complete, i've been given free keys to games that retail for around ten quid and been disgusted at the lack of content that they come with, i certainly wouldn't pay for them.
so, as far as price goes, you put out a good product it'll sell at a higher price.

Soldato
I would have no problem paying as much as I do for normal games, but, they can't be just short experiences, they would have to be full proper games.

Soldato
Cost isn't so much an issue with me.

The problem with the vast majority of vr titles at the minute is longevity. Short on everything, experiences, fleshed out incentives for replay value, or one or two trick pony mechanics. Real development beyond making a functional product hasn't really happened yet in 80 or so percentage of the stuff out there.

I'll pay whatever on the likes of asseto corsa, dirt rally, pinball fx, elite ect... those are games with good infrastructure, you can literally play all day.

To put a ball park on the current average vr game, I call a £5 for most, flipping up to 10. I say that on the small teams or one man band stuff.

Associate
I would be happy to spend up to £30-£35 on a game that will provide the same longevity of most non VR games. I do feel reluctant to buy VR games just now as I feel most are short and aren’t particularly good value for money. I purchased Everest VR for £10.99 which is more of a showcase/experience with a few token interactive parts chucked in and was left quite disappointed however will be used to showcase VR for family/friends.

Arizona Sunshine is excellent, I just hope they continue to update it that will make me continue to go back to it.

Associate
Interesting. So are you happy with a short experience - an hour or two - if you feel it's polished or would you prefer a longer game?

No, there are hundreds of short games out there now. i've got dozens in my steam library and won't be buying any more. people have said john wick is good but for the price there just isn't enough content from what i've seen.

A good AAA game is needed with 10+hrs gameplay, i'll pay more for that.

Back
Top Bottom