How much would you pay for the next gen consoles?

Soldato
Soon the next generation of console will be on the horizon with both sony and microsoft building and pricing them up.

Sony's console is expected to be on the higher side of pricing as they are attemting to future proof it with good specs to last it out for many years. I don't know much about xbox but I've a feeling they will be trying to find a way to do that also.

So how much would you be willing to pay for the next generation console (playstation or xbox)?

Soldato
OP
I'd pay around the £500 mark. But a lot is going to depend on a launch title that will use the full technology of the console and is a good game.

Until games use the full power then not much point upgrading.

Soldato
OP
The launch prices of playstations were;

PS1: £299
PS2: £299
PS3: £425
PS4: £349
PS4 Pro: £349

I can imagine PS5 might come in at either £499 or £599.

I think the advantage this machine has over previous incarnations of playstations (with the exception of the pro) is it'll be the first time that a change in generation doesn't result in you not being able to play the previous generations games. If they can make it so the machine plays older games better, that would be a good temptation to move up. We wouldnt have to start our PS5 collection from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom