**** How old is your Zippo?? ****

Soldato
Thanks to the OP for this thread. Following on from this, I've managed to find a site for the 2/34 armor who served in Nam, and a list of their email addresses. I may just hit some of them up, and let them know that 25yrs ago a boy from suburbia London, ended up with one of their zippo lighters, and that its now back in the US.

Looking at their site, there's some pretty cool history behind this little zippo of mine. I gave up smoking 20yrs ago, (before the internet & google) and its just sat in a drawer forgotten about. Only to resurface today thanks to this post.

You have to keep us updated if you make contact with anyone, could be some interesting stories to be told! :)

Associate
Only two years old here. I've been trying to collect one now from each of my holidays, beats the usual crap most people bring home and should hopefully result in a interesting collection in many years.

NZB

NZB

Associate
Bought one about 20 years ago and never liked the taste after using it. It'll be in some box in the attic now, or in the bin.

Associate
I have matt black one with red piping: L XV; 14 years. Bought from the oldest tobacconist in San Diago (apparently).

And I've got a really garish oil/multicloured one which is "G 05". This was given to me by an old flame /pun.

Soldato
"The world-famous guarantee that It works or we fix it free™ still covers every Zippo windproof pocket lighter today."

True as their word, they replaced mine a few years back (the guts not the case) when the latch mechanism went floppy. :) I knew I'd bought mine in 2004 but didn't realise it was etched into the bottom. Very cool! The E obviously means the month, so May 2004. Used every day.

hoa2kH1.jpg.png

tN7LpbR.jpg

Soldato
8 years for one which I just keep on the mantlepiece.

6 years for the other one, which is chipped and knackered from opening beer bottles and dropping when drunk.

Commissario
Bumpy bumpy because I dug out my Zippo a few days ago. This was a promotional item given to me by a friend because he used to smoke Marlboro and got a couple of these. I've never smoked so it sits in the box on my shelf and every few years, I take it down, fill it with fuel and play with it for a bit.

Looks like it was made in May 1997 so it's nearly 23 years old.

S7RArTi.jpeg

I actually found this thread because I was searching for Zippo to see if anyone has one of their handwarmers.

Soldato
Just dug out my matte black Zippo lighter and hand warmer after seeing this thread. If anything you reminded my to get some more fluid for the hand warmer now it's getting really cold.

The lighter is 11 years old and in great nick, but then I only used it for about a year before it just got stuck back in it's box and forgotten about. Hinges are wobbly so I've just tightened them up, but they look awful thanks to flicking it open non-stop...

Back
Top Bottom