How slow would this be?

To be fair, the main games I used to play on pc were Eve-online and team fortress/CS.

I do fancy access to steam though, far more variety over playstation offerings.

Last edited:
Ok I am slowly getting up to speed (ish) of current components etc, I am tempted to build a system with used parts where necessary and new parts where it matters. See what I can get for £1k ish, aiming for 1440p.

Will try for a AM5 build and start scouting out for parts. Any used gfx cards I should aim for in particular as a minimum? 7700XT mentioned on previous page, what's the nvidia equivalent, 3070? Or can I do better?

Oh and one more thing, what's with the current obsession of RGB? :p

Ok I am slowly getting up to speed (ish) of current components etc, I am tempted to build a system with used parts where necessary and new parts where it matters. See what I can get for £1k ish, aiming for 1440p.

Will try for a AM5 build and start scouting out for parts. Any used gfx cards I should aim for in particular as a minimum? 7700XT mentioned on previous page, what's the nvidia equivalent, 3070? Or can I do better?

For a grand I think you can do better than a 3070 atm. A mate of mine dropped on a 3090 with 3950x 32gb ddr4 with a decent mobo and psu for 950 last week.

Shiny, shiny.

Any used gfx cards I should aim for in particular as a minimum? 7700XT mentioned on previous page, what's the nvidia equivalent, 3070? Or can I do better?
If you have not seen it yet, have a look at this thread:

Back
Top Bottom