How to block the incessant 'Sign into somedomain.com with google.com' popup loading on nearly every website these days?

Soldato
This popup with all my google accounts is infecting nearly every site I go to these days and it's starting to drive me insane.

Doesn't anyone know how to block this for good?

I think it's built into the browser itself, and not part of the DOM, so I can't use ublock origin with it.

Anyone got any ideas?

o0M8bzF.png

Soldato
This popup with all my google accounts is infecting nearly every site I go to these days and it's starting to drive me insane.

Doesn't anyone know how to block this for good?

I think it's built into the browser itself, and not part of the DOM, so I can't use ublock origin with it.

Anyone got any ideas?

o0M8bzF.png

Soldato
OP
That article is wrong (at least for the very invasive browser based login overlay), I think I found that article when I first try to do this a month or two back.

Although I did figure it out from a link on one of the google account pages telling me how to disable it as a chrome setting, which I previously missed, so the nudge to at least try those steps again helped!

This is the key, it was quite well hidden in the Chrome settings:

Manage third-party sign-in prompts​

To select your third-party sign-in prompt preferences:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More
    Organize
    and then
    Settings.
  3. On the left, click Privacy and security
    and then
    Site settings.
  4. Under “Content,” click Additional content settings
    and then
    Third-party sign-in.
  5. Select the setting you like:
    • Sites can show sign-in prompts from identity services
    • Block sign-in prompts from identity services

Thank god that's sorted, it's been driving me insane how many sites have that pop up now, and because I'm signed into so many google accounts it always shows all my accounts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom