How to code a site like this?

Associate
I want to create a DJ website for a mate of mine and quite like the look of this style http://www.marksherry.net/

Been a while since I created a site from scratch using HTML/CSS, usually use WordPress these days, so how is the site above created. Looks like its not a CMS?

Thought I'd chip in to help you out a little her DezUk :)

You're getting a lot of grief because the question is so open ended and it looks like you've done none of your own research.

Nothing has really changed and if you've used HTML and CSS in the past then you're good to go. What has changed over time is the skills of the designers and the ways tricks to using CSS to achieve the look you want.

If you're really wanting to make something from scratch then as others have pointed out you need to get your designers hat on, in whatever graphics package you're happy with, and start making pretty pictures.

Once you've done that a quick search on these forums will bring up countless other threads with links to useful information for beginners if you have trouble getting into the coding side of things again.

What you WILL get help for on these forums is when you come across a problem you've tried to resolve yourself but you just don't quite understand.

FYI, the fact that the website is powered/maintained by a CMS is irrelevant to the design.

Roy

I'm not sure where DW comes into it Billy? It's just an IDE.

Site could have been hand coded.. the chap who did it obviously has some graphical skills, but their coding skills are horrendous.

I'll have to take your word for it, it's been 9 years since I touched the design view of DW.

As for getting back on track and helping Dez. Roy pretty much nails it. If you're familiar with WP then get your HTML, CSS and PHP skills up to date and build your own theme.

Ok thanks for the constructive help guys, much appreciated. Will spend some time this weekend tuning my CSS skills on a slightly smaller project to begin with :D

Back
Top Bottom